Finger Lakes Lodging(Skaneateles)(Great Value!)
$139
$356
$275
Skaneateles Suites Boutique Hotel(Skaneateles)(Great Value!)
$200
Skaneateles Suites(Skaneateles)(Great Value!)
$149
The Bond 1835(Skaneateles)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Skaneateles Inn on 20(Auburn)(Great Value!)
$139
Sleepy Hollow Motel(Auburn)(Great Value!)
$105
TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
All reviewsrelaxation roomaqua terracelocker roomhot tubclub roomfrench countrysidemonet paintingmain buildingfoot bathturn down serviceoutdoor jacuzziexercise classesdining roommonet's gardenrisottothe cottageskoi pond
Reviewed May 26, 2010

My wife and I enjoyed the Mirbeau experioence, the food, the staff, the setting and the area. Yes, you do have to pay for quality and in my opinion this place is worth it. Really loved the gas log fireplace ... coziness with a touch of a button and no "build the fire" hassle. Big soaking tubs and separate oversized showers were awesome as was the attention to detail such as Bose radio stereo and Kuerig coffee makers in the room. Hotel Bar is a great place to hang out and the Spa is great.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Brought family to celebrate son's college graduation. Nothing but a bad experience all around. Beautiful setting but food was not very good, small portions and extremely expensive for what was served. Waitress could not even button her blouse so her belly was exposed. Not something I want to see at this very pretty and costly restaurant. Would not recommend going there.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Prior to check in, my husband and I walked around the small town of Skaneateles. We spent about an hour and a half getting coffee, sitting on benches next to the lake, and browsing some of the shops in town.

We arrived at the hotel a few minutes before 4 (check in time). The rooms are very nicely decorated, although the carpet in our rooms appeared a bit worn, and was obviously not vaccumed prior to us checking in. The room we stayed in was a great location, as it had a patio area that was great - I would definately recommend requesting one of these rooms, as they don't cost any more than the other basic rooms! My husband and I sat outside for quite awhile enjoying the pond and garden area at the small table and chairs on the patio. We then went into town for dinner, as the spa's dining room is a bit expensive and not really our style. Upon returning to the hotel, we spent about 2 hours enjoying the spa area. Then, we went out and got some ice cream.

Overall, we had a great time reconnecting. Definately a nice one night romantic get-away.

The contental breakfast was crap. And, there was no direction or information provided about it, even though they've raised the price for a night to compensate for this additional "benefit".

My only other complaint is that the staff (some of them) can be a bit snobbish, as were most of the other guests.

Would I recommend it? Sure, but only for a night.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2010

I didn't stay at the Spa instead we stayed down the road at SkaneateleSuites which was terrific without the insane price. - I did however book a mud treatment and massage at Mirbeau spa. First the door for the Spa part of the building is not marked , there is no sign what so ever. They give you a quick tour of the spa area and then I was told where to change , place my belongings and to then wait in this dark area with other people . Every single room was over heated and I waited well past my scheduled time for someone to come and fetch me. The mud and massage were absolutely out of this world and wonderful. The woman who did my treatments was the only saving grace of the day. I ordered two drinks from the bar which were a miracle to even get since the bartender was almost never actually at the bar. I was told on check in that bar was a cash bar and they don't just add it to your bill so I had to walk around with cash in my robe. The bartender said she would bring me my drink and when she did she said "When you get a chance come back and sign for it.." well I might as well have waited for the drink then , right? So I went back to the bar and she wasn't there. I waited , still no bartender. I didn't want to miss my name being called so I went back to my waiting area to continue to sit ( bored out of my mind) to be called. Felt like I was at the Doctors and I was not relaxed because it all seemed so irritating. Where was the "SERVICE" ?? After the treatment I went back to the bar and again NO BARTENDER. How hard is this? I order drink #2 ( mind you I have been there for about 2 hours) I get the drink and again she says to come up to the bar to "Sign for it.." well I still at that point owed for drink one. Honestly I am now just sick of Mirbeau so I go up to finish my tab and get the hell out of this dark , hot place that has no help/service people around. Again no bartender. I just stood and waited ( no stools) she came , printed my bill and I added a tip ,signed etc. I also had tipped the woman who did my treatments . I go to the front desk to check out and THREE times I am asked if I want to add a tip to the total. I reassure this girl that I have made sure to tip everyone. So message , mud-treatment great !!! Service outside of the treatment room...HORRIBLE..On top of all of this when I used the shower in the locker room it only spit out hot/scalding water so I switched to the next shower and although I could get the water to a temp under scalding there was no water pressure at all and I had to wait til I got back to my Hotel to really shower.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2010

we scheduled a trip to Mirbeau to celebrate a 50th birthday. mirbeau didn't come close to the hype and wouldn't stay there again. We booked a room in one of the cottages they recommended and upon arrival (after driving around the property 2x to find the lobby - there are no signs at all) they moved us to the Inn. Not what we asked for or paid. The room was nothing special, especially at the prices they command. The spa was ok. The masseuse I had (couples massage) was coughing the whole time which just made me want it all to end. When we got our bill, they overcharged us by $400 and just blamed it on an accounting error. I found the place to be stupidly over priced and not worth it. No one even asked us if we enjoyed our stay which seems to be protocol by even the basics of hotels and inns, never mind a place like Mirbeau that seems to pride themselves on this high end reputation. p.s. if you do stay there, go to Rosalie's cucina next store. The food was out of this world and prices were reasonable. That was the best part of our trip to Skaneatles.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple