All reviewsrelaxation roomaqua terracelocker roomhot tubclub roomfrench countrysidemonet paintingmain buildingfoot bathturn down serviceoutdoor jacuzziexercise classesdining roommonet's gardenrisottothe cottageskoi pond
Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple nights on our way to Vermont from NYC. What a lovely time we had. The property was stunning, food exquisite and staff superior. No detail was overlooked. We will definitely be coming back and staying longer for sure.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
RDMalcolm, General Manager at Mirbeau Inn & Spa Skaneateles, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

We are so delighted you choose to take the road less traveled and spent some quality time enjoying Mirbeau Inn & Spa of Skaneateles. We emphasis customer service and our ability to treat all of our treasured guests in the delight of being truly cared for. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your recent experience.

Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

We went here for an overnight stay after our wedding since we postponed our honeymoon. It was highly recommended by a friend who went there twice to celebrate anniversaries.
When we arrived, we were greeted politely. The young lady never asked if we had been there before or if we had any questions about the grounds or services. She also didn't acknowledge that we were newlyweds, which was a little strange since my friend mentioned how they acknowledged her anniversary everywhere they went while visiting. I assumed my husband didn't mention it and moved on, but it just was a little disappointing for me since I have never been married before and I was excited about my first day as a Mrs.

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. We stayed in a cottage with a patio, but I was again a little surprised at the amount of overgrown weeds surrounding the patio. It was still nice, but not like the photos my friend showed me.

Dinner was good, breakfast was better. Great wine selection. It was perfect sitting outside next to the pond having my morning coffee (French press - yum!).

It took 3 tries calling for a bath butler before someone picked up. Frustrating, but the bath was a perfect end to the day.

The spa was great. Everyone was super attentive and the massage was wonderful. Very clean and relaxing. Forgot to pack my suit but I was able to buy one there.

Overall I would give it 3.5 if that was a choice.

At checkout, my husband mentioned that he was a little disappointed that no one acknowledged our newlyweds status and he was told it was never written down in the book. The gentlemen apologized and gave him a credit, nice but it wasn't the same. Apparently my husband mentioned it both times he called regarding our reservation.

2  Thank Amy C
RDMalcolm, General Manager at Mirbeau Inn & Spa Skaneateles, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

We are glad that the majority of your stay was an experience worth regaling and apologies that the the French impressionist inspired Monet "Giverny" gardens did not meet with your approval. The intention is a space that inspires boldly and artistically while maintaining a grounded reality in the natural surronding world, and as such is allowed to be less manicured than a more highly designed formal garden typical of English estates.
Our central reservations department generally does an excellent job of providing the reception staff with minute details of arriving guests special events and preferences. I can offer no excuse as to why no notes were received.
On behalf of the entire team at Mirbeau Inn & Spa of Skaneateles we would like to extend our warmest congratulations on your resent nuptials and look forward to having you as a guest again in the near future.

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

My daughter and her partner were married on the bridge, over the koi pond and gardens. They were a beautiful/handsome couple and the Mirbeau matched their beauty.
The setting was tremendous, with well tended gardens & landscaping. The wedding tent for the reception as well as all the settings were perfection.
Kudos to all the staff who were numerous and accommodating- from the wedding coordinator to the bartenders to the wait staff---you made the occasion perfect! Delicious food, a tremendous selection of wine and beverages, to the sparkler send off--- it could not have been better!!!
Well worth the room price to rest in the spa and glorious rooms!!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
RDMalcolm, General Manager at Mirbeau Inn & Spa Skaneateles, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

We loved hearing about your Mirbeau Skaneateles wedding event and are delighted the experience left you feeling inspired. Our team prides itself on presenting the perfect setting for creating storybook memories and thank you for allowing us the opportunity.

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

The location is beautiful the staff is attentive and very pleasant. My wife used the spa and was happy with it. The room is nice and they have both a bath and a shower separately in the large bathroom which is very nice and is stalked with towels.
Each day they brought wine and cheese and in the evening cookies and chocolates.

The restaurant is in a beautiful setting with a small pond and fish and many beautiful flowers one can walk through.
They also have bicycles they give free of charge and you can ride along the paths to the small village where you can shop and eat in many nice restaurants or simply walk by the finger lake and parks.
They offer many classes as Yoga and others (we didn't use them but it seems nice)
The food in the restaurant was very good and so was the service. But then again everyone in town is very friendly and held the doors for you or stoped the car as you passed by, even the policemen were brandishing a genuine smile.

What would I want better?
1) The mattress in the bed room is way too soft and my wife and I couldn't sleep well. You feel like your center body is collapsing. Because of it I woke up in pain. When I asked them they said these are the only mattresses they have.

2) The other issue is you could hear someone retching in another room through the airconditioning ducts. It was in the daytime so no problem but if it was at night... well you get the idea...
Otherwise overall 5 stars and would come here again with kids too next time.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
RDMalcolm, General Manager at Mirbeau Inn & Spa Skaneateles, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Thank you for sharing your enthusiastic review after a recent visit to Mirbeau Inn & Spa of Skaneateles. We pride ourselves on customer service and our ability to deliver consistent quality experience to those who grace our property.
Our mattresses are pillow top and we thank you for your candid insight. We have not found a bed that suits all people and apologize for that.

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

I've been staying at this Inn and spa for about 15 years. The property is so beautifully done, and it is such an unexpected find in this little village in the Finger Lakes. My first stay was with my husband on a weekend getaway not long after we were married. We were hooked. We went back several times. I've also been back with friends and family members over the years for ladies spa weekends and even stay overnight occasionally when I'm traveling through the area for business. Everything is top notch... the rooms, the spa, the food and amenities. It's worth the price you pay. You will not be disappointed.

3  Thank Gina B
RDMalcolm, General Manager at Mirbeau Inn & Spa Skaneateles, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Thank you for the wonderful accolades after your most recent visit to Mirbeau Inn & Spa of Skaneateles. 15 years of experience makes your testimonial as important as any we could hope to receive. We are delighted that we have been able to stay true to our brand by proving a sanctuary whose restful ambiance and interpretations of classic pleasures continues to engage our guests in the delight of being truly cared for. This beautiful Monet inspired location is just a short distance from the Skaneateles village center at the head waters of one of New York's most stunning Finger Lakes.