All reviews relaxation room aqua terrace locker room hot tub club room french countryside monet painting main building foot bath turn down service outdoor jacuzzi exercise classes dining room monet's garden risotto the cottages koi pond
Reviewed September 4, 2017

The concept - a little French garden chateau in the Finger Lakes is excellent. And the ambiance is very nice. We enjoyed the restaurant for dinner and breakfast. The grounds and infrastructure were pleasant. The devil, as always, is in the finer points. We stayed on the bottom from in the cottage furthest from the lodge, which was quiet, had a patio and was comfortable. If you read the other reviews, you will see the same issues we had. The accommodations were quite small (no storage), very DARK, and we had an additional issue. Our unit had a scent (the type used to cover other scents) that I noticed as soon as we hit the room. Later, I noticed a dehumidifier on the floor near the closet. I guess our room had some kind of moisture issue. I didn't like the cover up scent but I lived with it. On the PRO side, the shower was excellent! Strong nice stream and a good space to move around. The temperature in the room was very comfortable and it was not a noisy unit. The bed was comfortable. It was our anniversary and we found a beautiful bottle of French champagne waiting in a chilled bucket in our room on arrival. Complimentary. How nice is THAT? I had a spa treatment (a 50 minute scrub). It was a good experience - with Allison - pricey but pleasant. The spa waiting areas and locker areas should be larger and brighter to accommodate the people there. It felt a bit cramped. The grounds have SO much potential. The pretty Monet bridge and building have a decided French feel but the gardens are weedy and obscure some of the benches and pathways. The front desk, spa, restaurant, and room maids staff were all nice. Some seemed a bit inexperienced (front desk, spa) but they were pleasant. When I describe this Inn as "overpriced" I do so in comparison to an Inn and Spa we visited last year at this time (Westglow in Blowing Rock, NC). Westglow was a bit cheaper (they didn't charge the Resort Fee), but it got all the little things right. Attention to detail was everywhere. I felt like we got a great value for our money at Westglow. Mirbeau not so much. I don't know if they are understaffed or if the management just doesn't focus on room smell, grounds upkeep, etc. The value just wasn't there.

Room Tip: Cottage is nice, just be sure it doesn't have a "cover up" scent and dehumidifier.
1  Thank sharon110
RDMalcolm, General Manager at Mirbeau Inn & Spa Skaneateles, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2017

Mirbeau Inn & Spa of Skaneateles was in part inspired by Monet's impressionist gardens at Giverny. The grounds are bold and beautiful providing a feast for the senses. The beautiful informal design was created so guests could enjoy a refuge from the structured pace of everyday life.
The lakeside village of Skaneateles is a highly popular summer destination and consequently the volume of guests are at their peak during this intensely short season. A much more tranquil opportunity to enjoy a Mirbeau experience in Skaneateles is to plan a visit during our spectacular fall which follows closely after the madness of Labor Day.

Reviewed August 30, 2017

Hotel double booked my room , offered to stay in the lodge across the street ,more like a motel, not equal accommodation. After seeing it we left right away. We booked this hotel over month in advance. Go to Geneva on the lake instead , much better place.
Mirbeau Inn is not a good hotel to enjoy Finger lakes, too far away from best wineries and all attractions

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple

Mirbeau Inn & Spa has a dedicated central reservations office that is professionally staffed with experts for creating the perfect Mirbeau experience. Unfortunately when utilizing an online travel agency to secure accommodations much of the one on customer service is simply not the same.

We apologies that the complementary room at our sister property Finger Lakes Lodging was not to you liking. Although Skaneateles may not be in the heart of the wine country the village and surrounding area are lovely with wineries and other regional attractions an easy drive.

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. Very over priced, and over rated. The staff I can't complain about because they were all very pleasant. However, I kept killing huge spiders in our room, carpet smell like wet dog, no lighting what so ever, and bathroom smelled like urine. We also, brought some beverages from home since we were there for wedding. Mixers for our alcohol, the staff came to our room and took our cans of pineapple juice. Which whatever not that big of a deal, but if it's not your don't touch it. Also, the bar had closed earlier than the time listed, the bartender refused to serve anyone due to "no customers for 45 mins" but still was behind the bar. They told us we couldn't have done breakfast for our guests staying for the room block for our wedding, due to other events. However, no one was in the room in the morning for breakfast. For the amount of money us and our guest had spent for our wedding was not worth it at all.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
RDMalcolm, General Manager at Mirbeau Inn & Spa Skaneateles, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Mirbeau Inn & Spa of Skaneateles is an intimate Inn & Spa created for those who seek balance in their lives. This full service boutique property offers a gracious sanctuary where guests can engage in the delight of being truly cared for. A Mirbeau experience is so much more than just a room accommodation, it is enjoying and indulging in all aspects of the property from the beautiful serenity of the Giverny inspired Monet gardens to the relaxed reflective atmosphere of our full service spa, aqua terrace fitness room as well complimentary yoga spinning and TRX classes.

Our well appointed country french inspired guest rooms stock a complete array of beverages, liquor, wine, beers and snack offerings when bar service in unavailable.

Should you simply be seeking overnight accommodations without all the guest amenities that Mirbeau Inn & Spa offers we have a sister property just across the street that may better suit your needs.

Reviewed August 21, 2017

My husband and I recently celebrated our anniversary here and purchased a package that included stay, couple's massage, 4-course dinner and breakfast. The property was beautiful and they did a great job with the Monet influence.

Inn - Our room had a wonderful view overlooking the pond and bridge. The room was average size and the bathroom had a neat setup (hair dryer and makeup mirror were not working properly). The decor was more traditional and I found it to be a little darker (lighting). We enjoyed having the options for pillow choices and had a good night's sleep.

We borrowed bikes from the spa and went into town with them. They're a little clunky and the hill to get back on site was a little bit of a challenge, but it was a fun experience.

The staff members were friendly and helped answer any questions that we had. The cleaning staff were very discrete in that turn down service was quick and didn't not conflict with our schedule.

Restaurant - the food was really good and the menu options were plentiful. Dinner was two hours with 4-courses. Our server was knowledgeable and very friendly. I recommend the tuna tartare, seared scallops and pesto rissotto. We were so stuffed by the end of our main meal, we ended up having our dessert brought up to our room (very convenient)! The breakfast options were great. My husband and I both enjoyed our selections. The view is also part of the experience and we found it very relaxing.

Spa - We had a good experience at the spa. We both enjoyed our massages as well as the amenities available. The one thing I will mention is that it was crowded and the waiting area was not as peaceful as I was hoping. The locker room was also full and there was a line for the showers.

Overall, this was a great experience and we plan on coming back! The town is close and you can walk/bike on the sidewalk to get there (straight shot). There were cute shops and bakeries (try the donuts) to check out. This makes a great overnight or weekend get-away.

4  Thank BucketListExpl0rer
RDMalcolm, General Manager at Mirbeau Inn & Spa Skaneateles, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

Thank you for sharing your 4th anniversary stay at Mirbeau Inn & Spa of Skaneateles. We are happy to read how much you enjoyed all that we had to offer as well as the village of Skaneateles. Weekends are typically very busy not only on the property but in the village as well, a mid week visit would certainly offer a more tranquil experience with all the same opportunities.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

Perfect in every way. The three course lunch before the massage was amazing and the scenery was straight out of a storybook. It is definitly on my list of things to do again later this year and it was not pricey at all. I also had a massage which was wonderful and the facilities are always cleaned and well maintained. The therapist were professional and amazing at what they do. The resort has events throughout the year that seem really fun to attend and I only wish it was closer to the city!

Stayed: August 2017

So glad you were able to enjoy your day at Mirbeau Inn & Spa . We are delighted to read your impression of the storybook property and look forward to your return visit.