“pre wedding pampering”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Skaneateles
Syracuse, New York
“pre wedding pampering”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I was treated to a day of pampering before my wedding by a dear friend. we started with some time outside in the hot tub area, shared a cheese plate and some wine before having the best pedicure. (lasted an entire month ) we spent some time in the
relaxation room with the soft lighting, hot foot bath and comfortable loungers.
we took advantage of access to the sauna and steam room before our massages where we selected our scented oil.
the service was friendly and accommodating. we started a bottle of wine which they kept chilled and replenished upon request.
we were given a robe, sandals and a locker upon sign in for our use for the day.
We ended our day with a light dinner, the service attentive and friendly.
Would love to return soon, but as it is fairly costly will be for a special occasion.
the day of pampering helped to get though the days of wedding preparation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank katie r

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband surprised me for our 1st wedding anniversary with an overnight stay, spa treatments, and dinner at Mirbeau. A highly rated Inn & Spa, I had heard disappointing reviews of the spa, but hoped for the best. We arrived in the evening, during a pretty snowfall, and had a romantic dinner - the best part of the dinner was the service - top notch! The food was "ok" which is a bit disappointing for the price. When dessert arrived, the server had us sit in front of the fireplace and brought us a champagne toast - nice touch! The room is rustic and nice, a bit dark, but cozy.
The next morning we hoped to relax a bit in the tranquility area prior to our massages, but since it Valentine's Day, the place was mobbed. The spa rep forewarned me that my massage therapist tended to like to be called by different names, and not to be alarmed.....strange I thought. Well, the experience was strange and painful. I have been spoiled with terrific massages and spa treatments over the years, but NEVER had such a miserable massage therapist. She chose the scent for the massage, and I mentioned I wanted a particular scent, and she said she was choosing what she wanted, then I asked her to go easy on my neck, and she said she would do what she wanted! When she started to DIG into my neck, I sat up and told her to stop, and she said she would determine what I needed. I told her to stop, and asked to end the massage. I went to the spa rep that forewarned me, and she apologized and said it wasn't the 1st time she's heard complaints about her, but there was no offer to have another massage or refund. Very disturbing and unprofessional. My husband told the front desk at checkout, and I mailed a review to the GM, and never got a response back - very unprofessional!
Unfortunately the spa treatment ruined the entire romantic stay, and my husband spent a great deal of money! Book at La Tourelle Hotel and August Moon Spa instead - always perfect service!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Krenkren
Dubai
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed two nights end of May, gardens are well done although small, rooms are ok if a bit tired - carpets could do with cleaning and staff are genuinely friendly and happy. Disappointments though and tips for others - don't waste your money on the club room with the cheese and wine/ cookies and milk option. Cheese plate and bottle of wine is not what was expected before I go for dinner, unless I skip dinner, cookies and milk no need to mention. Dinner in the restaurant was good and service/atmosphere was generally good. Breakfast was disappointing, had to pay extra for juice + bottled water (bring from the room - unless you can drink the highly chlorinated tap water), buffet is basic ran out of bread/bagels (how is that even possible).

Overall it was good and would have scored better if not for the price - at over $450 per night its really too much, not sure what the competition is like nearby and can't judge for similar style hotel in US except that you can get a decent room in NY city for less than this.

Stay here if you get a better deal and don't waste your money on the Club Room - unless, like our neighbors you and wait till the other room goes for dinner then polish of the wine and cheese for both rooms, our wine had gone and cheese plate had been licked clean!!! Helpful neighbors......or very large mice?

Room Tip: Don't take the club room option
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NormPalmer
Mendham, New Jersey
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Recently spent two nights at Mirbeau. I was a little worried since it didn't have a lake view that we would be disappointed. Turns out their was no need to worry.
Décor and design layout is excellent. All rooms face an interior courtyard/pond that is delightful. The rooms have a French country feel and are well appointed and cared for.
Staff is attentive, friendly and focused on the customer. Wine selection is outstanding as is the quality of the meals.
I was surprised how relaxed I became just hanging out at the Inn. While we didn't use the spa, the guest who had were all enthusiastic about the service. I did use the work out facilities which were better than most hotels and Inns.
Skineateles is a pretty place to spend a few days and I would highly recommend staying at Mirbeau. You won't be disappointed

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
New Hartford, New York, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Not the place for a bachelorette party. People were loud and drunk. The locker room was beyond crowded and waited for the showers for a while. Ordered salads for lunch and it took 45 minutes. We then wanted to go to the upstairs lounge, as it was cold out, and we were told we couldn't eat there. The one and only table outside was occupied by the loud groups dirty platter .We had to eat with our plates in our laps, while we shivered.Not the relaxing atmosphere it used to be. I was double billed for spa services. I paid cash for them and then they showed up on my credit card statement. I then had to provide proof I paid already. Thank god I had my receipt. Used to go quite often for a relaxing overnight, but won't
rush back anytime soon! Disappointed!

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Karen T
Ilion, NY
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I did NOT spend the night but did spend the day at the spa. It was fantastic. The massage was excellent. 50 min Swedish massage was perfect. The pedicure, though a bit pricey, was perfect. Hot tub, relaxation room, saunas and locker rooms were impeccably clean and cozy. Lunch was spectacular. I had filet mingion, my friend had a special salad...everything was tastey and prepared well. I will be going back!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Mirbeau Inn&Spa was a most pleasant surprise in the NY Finger Lake region of NY. Our room was very charming & comfortable with every amenity you would need.The shower was amazing & our room had a gas fireplace.The breakfasts were yummy & so was our dinner. The spa is worth the trip to this enchanting town with its cute shops & restaurants.We took a boat ride on the lake and visited several wineries in neighboring areas. The grounds at the Inn look like a Renoir painting.Service in general was excellent and the staff was pleasant. They even have a Pillow Menu for the most comfortable beds.Mirbeau also has a resort activity schedule which is included in your room price.Certain spa areas are included( steam room, sauna etc.)

Room Tip: I would think all of the rooms are great. We had a cottage room on the top area of the parking lot w...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skaneateles
Skaneateles Suites
Inn at the Finger Lakes
The Gould Hotel
The Gould Hotel
#2 of 4 in Seneca Falls

Been to Mirbeau Inn & Spa Skaneateles? Share your experiences!