All reviewsrelaxation roomaqua terracelocker roomhot tubclub roomfrench countrysidemonet paintingmain buildingfoot bathturn down serviceoutdoor jacuzziexercise classesdining roommonet's gardenrisottothe cottageskoi pond
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed only one night at the beginning of August,

Had dinner at their restaurant which turned out to be quite a nice experience.. staff,food,bar and wine selection and general ambience at the inn was good...fun to watch the fish in the pretty pond like area which is positioned in the center of the attractive grounds.

Do have however, one negative comment and one suggestion ...we booked a ground floor king in the "cottage area "..Upon arrival felt that staircase leading down to room was unclean.There were many established (and large) cobwebs with spiders lurking around the main door to our room and also hanging from the staircase. Also noticed on the outside patio at restaurant, surrounding the light fixtures, spiders and webs as well.
We come from the Toronto area and have similar weather and bugs as upper state New York does.
I clean outside areas daily where pests may settle in the summer and kindly suggest the inn should do the same thing...maybe even try twice a day .

Also found rooms a bit dark despite keeping window coverings opened..perhaps changing the paint color from burnt orange to a cream shade or a soft pastel would help.

Even though we had some disappointments during our stay I would still recommend this inn to friends. The general area is so very pretty and relaxing and do feel The Mirabeau Inn deserves credit for managing a nice place at such a very reasonable price. We would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wendy f
marym79, Guest Relations Manager at Mirbeau Inn & Spa Skaneateles, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you for your review and kind comments. We are very happy that you enjoyed your experience at Mirbeau. We’ve reviewed your comments concerning out exterior appearance and will be sure to discuss with our facilities manager. We will correct any issues we find along the way. Thank you again and we look forward to having you as our guest again!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a beautiful property with a great spa, great restaurant, great bar and wine selection. We have stayed here at least once a year since they opened. We used to live in the area and always look forward to our return. The Monet-inspried gardens are spectacular and now this is a popular wedding setting. The service, however, is inconsistent and we are always treated like first time visitors, i.e. we aren't asked, it is just assumed that we need everything explained to us. We don't. If the management just made the effort to recognize returning guests and perhaps acknowledge their loyalty, this would be a much better experience.

Room Tip: Especially when the weather permits, it is really nice to have a room with a deck to enjoy the gardens and lily pond and fish.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cabonini

Thank you for your review! We are very happy to read that you’ve enjoyed Mirbeau on several occasions. We appreciate our return guests and look forward to having them visit again. We apologize for the continued formalities that you’ve received on your return trips. We continually train our staff to welcome our return guests back to our property and will remind our staff of this. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Took my wife for a surprise overnight stay at Le Mirbeau - she (and I) could not have been more pleased.

First, our check-in / reception was smooth and flawless. Though check-in is not usually until 4pm, we notified them in advance that we would be coming early, and they were able to have our room ready for us after a very short wait around 1:30. While waiting, a random staff member also came by and offered us drinks; very hospitable.

The room itself (we stayed in a cottage room) was utterly gorgeous - one of the best we've ever stayed in. It had a great view of the grounds and was extremely comfortable. Wi-fi was available, and not password protected so very easy to log on with my iPad. The bathroom was amazing - definitely use the tub while you are there! There was turn-down service where a couple bottles of water were provided as well. Our only quibble was that they offered pack-and-plays for $25 - at the existing room price I would have liked that they would have just set it up free of charge (as even a Holiday Inn does) but one can't have everything.

Speaking of the baby, it was not a problem whatsoever to have our 7-month old along. He enjoyed looking out over the pond and feeding the koi, and while the main grounds aren't stroller friendly, it was not a hardship to carry him around and enjoy the sights. We had no problem bringing him to the restaurant as well.

The spa facilities are very nice as well. Lots of water/tea to be had, and the outdoor jacuzzi was very relaxing. It seems a bit weird that they would prohibit cell phones, music players, etc., but allow patrons within to make as much noise as they would like - I'd go with either no noise or a free for all - but it was not a problem for me to bring in my iPad and just read.

My wife and I both had amazing spa treatments. My masseuse was great - I think her name was like Amanda or Kelli - and she was courteous and gave a tremendous massage. I like here how the massage lasted for the full 100 minutes - often times, they are cut short by 5, which is annoying. The only part I did not enjoy was when I was on my back, and the chandelier was right in my face. Even with it dimmed, it felt like a very gentle interrogation light, and made it hard to relax through what was otherwise an amazing neck and face massage. I was very happy in some ways when that part ended and she put a towel over my eyes. Regardless, the massage was amazing and worth the high price.

Our stay included a continental breakfast - a nice selection of pastries, fruits and cheeses. We complimented it with a decadent piece of french toast, but would have been just fine with the continental.

The last quibble we might raise is that it is best to call them directly during reservation business hours. An initial inquiry email went unanswered, and a request made with the front desk for reservations to call me back the next morning (her suggestion) was not fulfilled. Once however, I did make my reservation and made contact with them, replies were quite expedient, and as above, they did a great job with an early check-in.

All in all, we were incredibly happy with our stay, and will most certainly be back at some point in the future!

Room Tip: We had a room to which we could drive right up to; very convenient as we were road-tripping with a baby and had lots of stuff to move.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your review! We are very happy that you chose to visit us with your family. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and are pleased that we succeeded with your stay. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our Spa, Overnight and Dining facilities and experiences. We hope that you will visit again soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed at Mirbeau in May as part of a wedding group and had an incredible stay. I have worked at hotels in Manhattan for the majority of my career and usually find something to pick at. It’s a curse. But, found absolutely nothing at Mirbeau. In fact, I never wanted to leave! I was so impressed by the amazing customer service, specifically Crystal at the Front Desk. We changed rooms halfway through our stay, and she was so helpful in orchestrating this. I had forgotten a few items in the old room and after realizing this, was presented with everything. The Manager personally introduced himself during our stay and informed us if there was anything he could do to assist, to contact him, which I thought was a very nice touch. The beds are amazingly comfortable as well, and the restaurant is fantastic. Make sure you try the Lobster Mac & Cheese… it’s delicious! I would recommend to anyone looking for a relaxing trip!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
marym79, Guest Relations Manager at Mirbeau Inn & Spa Skaneateles, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you so much for your review! We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your Mirbeau experience. Weddings at Mirbeau are an extremely special occasion and are proud of our ‘Most Romantic’ accolades awarded by SpaFinder readers. We hope that you return to us again soon as a guest to celebrate your own special occasion!

Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

I had high expectations and was so disappointed, the womens locker room was dirty with no towels or wash clothes, there were cob webs in the club suite and service at dinner was below par. We had several other concerns that we calmly discussed with the manager and all we got was I am sorry and please give us another chance, but no incentive to return. It was a huge let down.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank cal820

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry for the difficulties you encountered during your stay and that you were disappointed with your overall experience at Mirbeau Inn & Spa. We can assure you that the difficulties you encountered at the spa and with dinner are not normal here at Mirbeau, and will review your comments with our managers to correct any issues we may find. If you would like to speak with someone regarding your experience, please feel free to contact us at info@mirbeau.com. Thank you again and we hope to see you again as our guest.