All reviewsrelaxation roomaqua terracelocker roomhot tubclub roomfrench countrysidemonet paintingmain buildingfoot bathturn down serviceoutdoor jacuzziexercise classesdining roommonet's gardenrisottothe cottageskoi pond
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Let me be honest with you - I don't get excited about gardens. Living in NYC, I normally like the idea of a beach, but my weekend stay at Mirbeau changed all that. We stumbled across the resort via a Living Social deal. Mirbeau is around 4.5 hours drive from NYC, so although it was a trek, I am so pleased we made the trip.

The decor of Mirbeau is very much like a French chateau, awfully romantic. The garden is an oasis in itself - it wasn't a surprise to see a wedding during our stay there. The dining room serves fantastic food - often utilizing local produce (such as Fingerlakes ham). The porterhouse steak is definitely worth the $80 - it was probably the best cut of beef I've had since I moved to NY a year ago. Really juicy, succulent and the portions were generous too! The service is fantastic - from maids to front desk to the waiters in the restaurant, I felt that they were very attentive.

What I loved most about the MIrbeau is out hotel room - we stayed in the inn (not the lodge across the road) and we had the most prettiest view of the garden. Our bathroom was huge, and the bed was very comfy.

The spa is also worth checking out - we had a relaxing couples massage in front of a fireplace. The out door jacuzzi and resting area is also relaxing too. It's not too busy on a Saturday too.

For things to do - we drove an hour to Robert Treman's State Park - did the 5 mile hike and finished the afternoon with a swim under the waterfall. Locally, the lake is only 2 minutes drive from Mirbeau, plus there's lots of great restaurants too (although most close early during the week).

I absolutely loved our stay - we'll be recommending this place to all our friends and will certainly be making a return trip!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
marym79, Guest Relations Manager at Mirbeau Inn & Spa Skaneateles, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2011

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are very happy that you were able to take advantage of our Living Social Escape. We receive quite a few guests looking for respite from NYC and are glad that your experience was worth the longer drive.

We hope that your memories of our Inn, Restaurant and Spa encourage you to book a return visit to us in the future. Our property is not only beautiful in the summer with our gardens but also turns into a winter wonderland for the holidays blending in with the beautiful countryside of Upstate New York.

Thank you again and we hope to seen you soon!

Reviewed June 15, 2011

After a wonderful stay 4 or 5 years ago I returned with my mom for a mother's day gift. The garden remains lovely but the food and inn have deteriorated. I was surprised to see the filthy carpets in the halls and rooms, dusty baseboards and dirty tub. On our first stay the hotel was scented with their signature aroma therapy. Not this visit- no aroma therapy it just smelled lived in and dirty. In fact, the elevator smelled so bad I used the stairs unless I had my mother with me. To add insult to injury there was a toenail clipping in the elevator on my departure today. Who knows when this place was vacuumed. The last Hampton Inn I stayed in had better beds and pillows and was perfectly clean and maintained.
The food was so bad my mother's meal went uneaten, however it was removed from our bill. My meal was very poor, but at least edible. Find someplace else to stay, and beware the meals and services if you choose to make a day visit. What happened to this place? So Sad, So Expensive!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Lovetotravelitaly
marym79, Guest Relations Manager at Mirbeau Inn & Spa Skaneateles, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2011

Thank you for your review and please accept our sincerest apologies regarding the disappointments in your last stay.

We take the greatest pride in our facilities and strive to create an oasis experience for our guests. Also, we do receive superb feedback about our world-class Four-Star/Four-Diamond cuisine and apologize it fell short of your expectations. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and where we observed any potential ongoing issues, we took the appropriate steps to correct them.

We hope that you will not let this one experience deter you from visiting us agains as the repeat experiences our guests have are just as important as their first experiences. Thank you and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We bought the LivingSocial deal for Mirbeau and worked it into our trip to the Finger Lakes. We loved everything about this place. When we checked in, the gentleman encouraged us to walk around in the robes that were waiting for us in our room! Our suite was the perfect size, with a great view of the pond, and had an awesomely cool French bathroom with a soaking tub. We ate at the steakhouse and everything we got was delicious! We also visited the spa while there and their relaxation room and hot tub ouside (which also had an outdoor fireplace and a bar), was great. The best part of the place, was there wine bar! So cool! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
marym79, Guest Relations Manager at Mirbeau Inn & Spa Skaneateles, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

Thank you very much for your review! We're very excited that you were able to participate in our LivingSocial Escape Package and pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you do visit us again as your robes and the Wine Bar will be waiting!

Reviewed June 12, 2011

I have never been to a more lovely setting. It rivals the best resort I've ever been to.

The rooms were quaint (not old), they overlooked a small wildlife preserve - a beautiful setting for a romantic weekend. There was even an electric fireplace in every room - along with a Bose radio and a DVD player. The food presentation and the quaility of the food was superb. I had the best massage I've ever had and the spa was wonderful. The outdoor hot tub was great. There is no pool, but the hot tub certainly made up for that.

The best part of this perfect getaway was the staff. I've never been treated so well. From our waitress, who came out of the dining room when we checked out to give me a hug, to the reception desk - everyone came up, introduced themselves, and wanted to make sure I was enjoying myself. They were all extremely accomodating.

I would certainly recommend the Mirbeau Inn & Spa to anyone who wanted a romantic getaway - to a beautiful site for a wedding - or even a business meeting. What a great place for a girl's weekend getaway!

Room Tip: Their attention to detail is incredible. It was
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are pleased that you not only enjoyed your overnight stay with us but that you were able to take advantage of the entire property. We take great pride in our facility and service and are happy to see that you were not disappointed. Thank you again and we look foward to having you as our guest in the future!

Reviewed June 6, 2011

I've been to Mirbeau a couple times in the past and have always had a wonderful time. When I found a deal for Mirbeau thru "Living Social", I couldn't pass it up, and purchased it as a treat for my boyfriend and me. I was worried that because it was a special deal that we might be treated like 2nd-class citizens, but that couldn't be further from the truth!!! The service was attentive and accomodating across the board - check-in, spa, restaurant, etc. We paid a little extra and stayed in a cottage - great room, had it's own little terrace, great shower and clawfoot tub. We were greeted with champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries in the room upon arrival. The bed was so comfy, and the robes were like wrapping yourself in a cloud!!!! My boyfriend bought one of each in the spa - $200 but totally worth it - even the ones at the spa that get washed numerous times a day are as soft as can be! The spa was awesome - we got a couples side-by-side vinotherapy massage from Sandra and a woman whose name, unfortunately, I can't remember (started w/ an M). They had cucumber water and acai water in the relaxation room for before and after. My ONLY complaint about the spa is that there were two women talking the WHOLE time they were in there (there is a sign that specifies no talking), despite my boyfriend "shushing" them....I wished an employee might have suggested they go outside to the pool if they wanted to be so chatty!!! Dinner was awesome too - high class. The oyster appetizer was to die for. I had a filet mignon and my bf had the ribeye - both delish. For dessert I had the hummingbird cake (should have gotten the souffle....) and bf got the chocolate decadence (delish!) There were also bikes to borrow (free), which we rode into town (STEEP ride back up the hill!!!) We really hated to leave, but definitely will be back! A wonderful treat.

Room Tip: No bad rooms here!!!