The decor of our room was charming and rustic. However, the mattress was too soft for my liking, and I had a poor night's sleep.
The bathroom was cute, but FREEZING. Granted, it was February, but the tile floor was like walking on ice. The stall shower (no tub) was quite small and dark (the ceiling light in the middle of the room didn't shed much light into the shower). In general, the lighting in the bathroom was not good. I had trouble getting ready in the morning due to poor lighting. The lighting in the bedroom was fine, but there was no mirror there.
My recommendations would be:
1. better mattresses
2. better heating and lighting in the bathroom (and tubs, but that would require a renovation).
3. a mirror over the desk in the bedroom.
We likely won't stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finger Lakes Lodging is one of the most unique lodging facilities in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of Central New York. A wonderful example of the Adirondack Great Camp style, Finger Lakes Lodging is located in charming Skaneateles, situated on the most beautiful and scenic of the Finger Lakes. We are located within a short drive of many Finger Lakes wineries and walking distance to the shops and restaurants in downtown Skaneateles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Finger Lakes Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finger Lakes Lodging Hotel Skaneateles