“Great Course”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Course”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Not a traveler, but a native LIer. Having played most every public course on LI, I can tell you that this course is my absolute favorite. I love great golf course design, and what the designer managed to do with an originally flat piece of land here is nothing short of amazing. The course is a beautiful links-style course, with some very interest elevation changes. There are definitely some very unique and interest holes, particularly on the back 9. In my experience the staff has always been great and the course in great condition. I'd have to say it's 2nd on my list of best LI courses behind Bethpage Black and tied with nearby Robert Trent Jones, Jr.'s LI National.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank frankingeneral

Long Island, NY
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Links course”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've played here from it's opening until now. The tall fescue grass is no longer a major hazard since the current administration has cut it down to quicken play (I assume) and ease up the course. It has taken it's beatings from a lack of investment, but it is still an enjoyable links course.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank nrmbnt
New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Nice course, obviously with some tall grass!”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Stay out of the rough! There are, however, several layers of rough, so if you slice like me, just stay out of the tall stuff. Course is well-laid out, some big bunkers, decent greens. Worth the money if you are in the area.

Visited May 2012
Sound Beach, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a pleasurable experience!”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We hosted our daughters' sweet 16 party for a 100 people. The service was excellent!! The food was very good and our guests were very pleased! We are looking forward to hosting another great party there!

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Susan W
Suffolk County< NY
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Good place”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

This is a very nice place on the North Shore of LI. Played in a golf outting. Our go to girl Jackie was pleasant and helpful with beverages. definately reccommend. People here were very nice! Coarse was good. Only complaint was no shade. But overall was good

Visited July 2011

Been to Tallgrass Golf Course? Share your experiences!