All reviews front porch yellow room pleasure of staying amish buggies high school delicious breakfast warm hospitality main street decorated beautifully lake chautauqua three courses a king size bed every morning rocking chairs fire pit wonderful weekend border collie
Reviewed August 16, 2016

Each year we travel to Western New York to attend my family reunion. For the past 2 years we have had the pleasure of staying at Sherman's Inn in Sherman, NY. Not since I lived there have I had such a sense on coming home. Our host Georgia, makes us feel right at home. The accommodations are first rate! The rooms spacious, clean and airy. Everything you could possibly want is at your finger tips. Georgia even took the time to loan me some of her high school year books so I could look up some old friends. As for breakfast, you will find no better. The selections are delicious and plentiful. Overall this is without a doubt one of the finest inns we have ever had the pleasure to visit. Oh and be sure to say Hi to Charlie.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2016

Lovely B&B with three rooms to let. Common areas very inviting. Large wrap-a- round front porch to sip coffee in the morning. Breakfast was excellent and interesting. The rooms were very nice and inviting. The inn is a few miles from Bemus Point and the Chautauqua Institution

Room tip: All three rooms are sunny and bright, All on the second floor.
Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed July 17, 2016

We stayed at this B&B a few weeks ago and it was one of nicest ones we've stayed at. The place is beautiful, maintained and the owner is one of the nicest we've come across. We stayed in the room with the sleep number bed which was great for our backs. Some things to note, the bathroom is beautiful but small, there is no closet only hooks on the doors and there is no individual controls for the air conditioning in the bedrooms. Georgia was very helpful and turned the air up for us after we told her we were cold the first night. She has lots of blankets and beautiful bedding though. She has a friendly dog who is in the house but not in the bedrooms. My one suggestion is that we missed having a small refrigerator somewhere in the house to get a cold beverage. She provided a lot of water and teas but they weren't cold so I kept going across the street to a market. The positives far out weigh that so we would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed May 21, 2016 via mobile

This B&B is among the best we ever visited. The rooms are beautifully furnished. It is pristine in cleanliness, the food is varied and delicious, and Georgia, the owner/hostess, is gracious and accommodating. We heartily recommend Sherman's Inn on the Main for a delightful experience.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
georgia P, Owner at Sherman's Inn on Main, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2016

Thank you so much Bob for taking the time to write this wonderful review of your stay in Sherman. I very much enjoyed having you here. I will look forward to your next visit to this area.

Reviewed April 28, 2016

My husband and I visited friends in Sherman during the 3rd week of April to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary and we stayed at the Sherman's Inn on Main. We were treated like royalty! The Inn is just beautifully kept by Georgia, the owner. Our room and private bath were impressive - 7 pillows on the bed, lush towels, great shower! And the breakfasts we had were gourmet and no skimping on servings size. It is obvious that Georgia loves being an innkeeper. We felt right at home, including using the front porch during the warmest hours of the day. Thank you Georgia for a wonderful visit.

Room tip: All the rooms are lovely, you can't go wrong!
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
georgia P, Owner at Sherman's Inn on Main, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2016

Thank you Betty for this wonderful review. It is always a pleasure to have you and Jim stay with us and if you feel right at home then I have achieved my goal. We will look forward to your next visit to Sherman. Best Regards....Georgia