“Wonderful restaurant and wonderful food.”
Review of Vine Street Cafe

Vine Street Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Vine Street Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We loved this restaurant would have been happy to return but unfortunately we had to go home. There is a good selection of choices for food here. I had a spicy pasta with sea food and zucchini which was wonderful. My husband had swordfish with mashed potatoes and spinach all of which were excellent. I would recommend this restaurant highly.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Perhaps you've had the feeling that you should have ordered the other person's choice? As I watched my pal devouring his New York strip steak (a stiff $51 plate) while I ferreted among my moules frites, I wondered whether the extra twenty bucks for his dish was worth it. The mussels were perfectly okay, although the frites seemed a bit tired. But a sneaky bite of the steak told me I'd erred. Other friends gave rave reviews to the heirloom bean salad and the roast beets appetizer. My appetizer of North Fork tomato salad on a bed of mozzarella was pretty fine, too. Tuna tartare and a shrimp ceviche earned medium marks. Drinks were smoothly delivered: $60 for four cocktails at the bar and $100 for eight glasses of wine at the table. The total evening, without service, came in at $93.00 per head. Worth it? Almost.

Thank makoHamptons.NY
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We really enjoyed this cosy restaurant. Huge emphasis on local produce such as delicious seafood and seasonal vegetables. Extensive local wines and charming service. Decor is polished rustic. Not the cheapest meal we had but portions were generous and quality reflected price. I recommend the linguine with seafood and courgette, still dreaming about it now!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The irony in the name is that of course Vine St is anything but a cafe. Starched white table cloths, formal wait staff, expensive menu! This is fine dining! I'd read reviews saying that this is the best restaurant on the island, I had a really delicious meal: warm baguette and butter, oysters to start and then sea bass entree- it was lovely but I have to say I've had oysters and sea bass at other places just as nice if not better and nowhere near as pricey. This is definitely a destination point for dining, the restaurant is packed inside and out with families and couples and you need to book in advance to get a table. Great for a date night meal or somewhere special to go but not every day dining

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was very happy to find this place, and especially a vacant table outside, since it was summer and a bit overly-noisy inside.

I had some of the best meals, especially fish and oysters were outstanding. Professional service, a bit informal, but this is Shelter Island.

Very recomended!