Sunset Beach
The Pridwin Hotel(Shelter Island)
$175
Shelter Island House(Shelter Island)(Great Value!)
$175
Official Site
Harborfront Inn at Greenport(Greenport)(Great Value!)
$369
Priceline
Cliffside Resort Condominiums(Greenport)(Great Value!)
$183
$174
Orbitz.com
The Blue Inn At North Fork(East Marion)(Great Value!)
$189
$179
Travelocity
Sag Harbor Inn(Sag Harbor)
All reviewssummer weekendferry ridevibedjweekendsluxe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I went for a weekend getaway ... Customer service was horrible, rooms smelled bad and were dirty, food wasn't that great . This place never specified that it was pet friendly we had to be switched in 1 hour to 3 different rooms, if you own a pet and don't mind the dog hair and the stale smell of dogs then this would be your place to go!! The owner lied and his employees stated that there were only certain rooms that were pet friendly , every room smelled and had dog hair all over it!! The only part of the weekend we enjoyed was the sunrise and our bike ride... Also, if you happen to travel there the week before memorial day weekend it's considered " their non- busy time" that little town basically shuts down by 7pm, (everything) its a ghost town... so we had to take a ferry back into the town to eat.... That's something else they do not mention...
Would skip this place , not worth the money spent ...

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank LCM2005
Sunset_Beach_Hotel, Manager at Sunset Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us at Sunset Beach last season. We are disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay and found the room to be in less than ideal condition. We welcome all members of the family, pets included. We pride ourselves not only in the service that we provide, but the clean, light, and airy rooms. We are saddened to hear that this was not your experience.
Part of the charm of Shelter Island is that it is a seasonal location. Visitors come to enjoy the calm and quiet at the beginning and end of the season. They come in July & August to enjoy the busier, livelier atmosphere as well.
We hope that you will join us again to see what Sunset Beach is really about.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

This place is a St Tropez like ! I spent 2 nights with my wife last summer. The concept is very relaxing. It reminds me St Tropez boutique hotel. You need to make your reservation in advance to have the privilege to have a room. I will come back this summer !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MeetMeInNYC
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Beautiful property, European atmosphere, crappy service. The breakfasts were excellent but dinner was hit or miss, either really good or really bad. Customer service is non-existent, staff is just not friendly or attentive. Loved the balcony of my room - lovely view. The room could have been nicer, it's like they're trying too hard to be cool. The clientele is showy, it's a real scene, which some people like but not me. Not interested in returning.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank mlv01
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Honestly read every review below mine, as I will NOT need to write much, as everyone below has said it just as I would have. Horrible rooms, extremely dirty, outdated, and we felt like we needed to cover everything with our own towels we thankfully brought. I wish I had brought my own sheets and pillowcases, but really..... how would think that necessary at these prices.??? Do not book here!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank wachtrav
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My now-husband and I had the most incredible engagement weekend here last summer. We go to Shelter Island annually and it's always a great time, but this was our first stay at Sunset, and it was over the top. From the location to the staff, food, our room and the amenities, we were well taken care of and more than satisfied in every regard.
I've heard far less glowing reviews and admittedly it's not for everyone- if, for example, you're traveling with a family/kids, and not up for splurging, you're going to be unhappy. But for a sexy stay at a gorgeously-designed place with the best beach/view on the island, this is what you want.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple