“DO NOT TRUST THESE INNKEEPERS!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sharon Springs
New York House Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed September 16, 2013

In January 2013, I made a reservation by email for my daughter and myself with the New York House B&B for the December 2013 Sharon Springs Holiday Celebration weekend, since we had stayed there previously They confirmed the reservation by email. In May, when I was at the Garden Party in Sharon Springs, I stopped by the inn to visit and mentioned the reservation. Kelly Button, the owner said she had no recollection of it and that they had a group who reserved the inn for that weekend, but that if I had proof of the reservation, they would honor it. When I returned home, I forwarded her the email exchange and confirmation of my reservation. She replied that they would honor it.

A few weeks later, however, I received an email from her stating that the room was not, in fact, available and that my resevation was cancelled. She added that she hoped this would not be an inconvenience. I replied that since it was obvious that I had made my reservation well before the others, I expected her to honor it. She has not replied. Due to this inappropriate and unprofessional cancelation of our long-standing reservation, my daughter and I will not be attending the Holiday Celebration, since there is no other lodging available for us at this point. Needless to say, we are both extremely disappointed.

Sharon Springs prides itself on being a homey, welcoming community, and that has been my experience every time I have visited, including twice for past Holiday Celebrations. The innkeepers of the New York House do not belong in Sharon Springs, since they tarnish the reputation of the entire village. I would recommend that anyone looking for the real Sharon Springs experience avoid this inn at all costs.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank victorianmodiste
BruceB58, Owner at New York House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

In this case we had to take a room out of our availability because of family circumstances. We did notify Jo well in advance of her stay that this was not available anymore.
When circumstances reversed themselves, we offered the room to her again and at a reduced price for the inconvenience, but she refused the offer. The date she is looking for is this coming December , so there was still plenty of time to make a change if necessary.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We just came back from a three day trip to Sharon Springs, NY. While there we stayed at The New York House Bed & Breakfast. This was a little treasure waiting for us to discover it, and we are delighted with our experience there. The Inn keepers, Kelly and her husband Bruce were so friendly and knowledgeable about the history of Sharon Springs. They filled us in on things to do in the area while imparting to us the history of this delightful village.
Their B&B was beautifully furnished with lovely antiques but it was so comfortable that it truly a felt like a home away from home. Kelly is a superb cook and baker. Her breakfasts consisted of delicious dishes such as fruit cobbler, bowls of fresh fruit salad, homemade scones, homemade jams, quiche fresh from the oven, etc. Kelly and her husband spent time in the breakfast room getting to know their guests. Their friendly conversation led to all the guests getting to know each other. They really set an atmosphere of friendship and happiness in their B&B. The beds were extremely comfortable, the air conditioners worked beautifully, The soaps and shampoos in the shower were wonderful. This lovely B&B was a five star experience for us. We are so happy that we chose to stay in this delightful B&B.

Room Tip: Whoops! I clicked on a fitness center by accident and can't seem to unclick this. There isn'...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eileen Z
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is a lovely old house that was beautifully fixed up. Owners very present and helpful. Rooms were cute with comfortable beds. Breakfast was notable for delicious baked goods - I'd stay there again!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank katiepenney
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Beautiful renovated house and very nice Innkeepers. Absolutely loved the front porch! Our room was sunny, clean and very fresh smelling. The bed was so comfortable you wanted to stay in it forever. We had a window air conditioner, but no TV.

Unfortunately upon entering the house the first thing we noticed was a strong odor of dogs. You watch TV in their living room downstairs and once again the strong dog odor was everywhere. The chairs, the sofa, the pillows, the throws.....it was very overwhelming. To be fair, we do not have animals so maybe we were overly sensitive.

For breakfast we had coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate, instant oatmeal and two different dry cereals along with orange juice, grape juice and whole milk. Kelly also had a fresh baked good everyday that was delicious.

We were never told of complimentary snack or drinks nor did we have fresh lemonade on the porch as other reviewers stated.

I know they have owned the B & B for a short time, so the opportunity to make this an excellent place to stay is in their future.

I just felt other non-animals should be aware.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
19  Thank Diana P
Reviewed November 18, 2011

This B&B is wonderful. The owners, Kelly and Bruce, could not be more charming. They are so welcoming that you hate to leave. The food was excellent and the atmosphere is comfortable and easygoing. What is not to love.
Please note that Kelly and Bruce have only owned the B&B for a year or so. Any complaints prior to that time would no longer apply to the "new" New York House.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LR-HP
Reviewed October 10, 2011

What a wonderful weekend we had at The New York House! Kelly and Bruce are lovely hosts. The house itself is sweet and quaint. I can happily contridict one one of the reviews...The place was SPOTLESS! Our room was comfortable, clean and cozy. We had a suite and our son slept on a pull out couch...It too was great! The attached bathroom was quite roomy. Again, I will happily contridict one of the breakfast reviews...It was DELICIOUS! They had scones, coffee cake, apple crisp, and breakfast pizza that were all home made and yummy. There was also a well appointed array of cererals, oatmeal, etc... Plenty of coffee, tea, juices. The best part of breakfast was the eclectic group of guests...So friendly! The best part of the entire trip according to my nine year old was "Lily" and "Spike" the couple's two dogs. Kelly was kind enough to take "Lily" out at my son's request. The only negative that I can say is that Kelly and Bruce are great, but need time to perfect their craft. I didn't know some of the amenities that were available to us until I just read them in past reviews. Also, it was a little different than the many other B&Bs that we have stayed in. The family shares the "public" space with the guests. For me, it was a little off putting. I felt like I was intruding when they were watching TV in the living room...[Not by their attitude...They are so friendly] but by the set up. If not for this my 4 rating would be a solid 5!!!! However, all in all it was a wonderful experience and we would highly recommend this B&B to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We visited during harvest fest and really enjoyed our stay. Bruce and Kelly are helpful (both in the house and with reccomendations) happy, accomidating and have really done lots with the place in just a year. Easy walkability to all of Sharon Springs, but back off of Main Street which gives you some privacy. The porch is wonderful to sit and relax on. Spike and Lily are both sweet lovable dogs that I heard several people threaten to pack in their luggage. We already plan another stay here next fall and are sure you will not be dissapointed. Oh and I may just need to bug Kelly for the recipe for the breakfast pizza we had this morning... Yum Yum!

• Stayed: September 2011
Cooperstown Lakeview Bed and Breakfast
Bayside Inn & Marina
Bayside Inn & Marina
#4 of 16 in Cooperstown

Been to New York House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!