“Modern, calm space and yummy food”

204 Main Bar & Bistro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

The scallops were fabulous. Curry was a tad hot – but they can adjust the spice. Eclectic menu with something for everyone

There are newer reviews for 204 Main Bar & Bistro

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Three of us stopped in for dinner after visiting nearby Glimmerglass. We were so very pleased with the food and the service. The short ribs were to die for! The pot pie and chicken curry dishes were also excellent. We plan on making a return visit in a few weeks when we see our next Glimmerglass performance!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Loved this restaurant. Great simple decor and food that is superb. Nice little upscale bar where many local people gather. A delightful dinning experience.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had a nice lunch yesterday at 204 Main St -- a homemade tomato soup, waldorf salad, their fancy grilled cheese, wine, and dessert. The place has a clean and modern feel, but not cold at all, and in keeping with the laid-back feel of Sharon Springs. Businesses like this will transform Sharon Springs, and I hope this attracts more of them. The nicest thing was that when we wanted to linger a while over coffee, and asked the host when lunch was over, he said "whenever you decide it is," or something like that. We were the last people in the restaurant by half an hour at least, but not pressured even subtly. That's how you run a restaurant.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at 204 Main one night last month. We will definitely go back...the food ranges from very creative to traditional comfort food. My husband had glazed dates wrapped in bacon and grilled for an appetizer which I tried and thought delicious and I don't usually like dates. He had short ribs which were incredibly tender and flavorful and I had very traditional delicious chicken pot pie loaded with big chunks of white meat chicken and loads of veggies. He had a beer and I had a wonderful glass of white wine. We shared a dessert...a lime mousse. YUM! The waitress was so friendly and attentive and we got to meet the chef to thank him for our meal. The entire evening was such a treat.