“Great food, great service!”

204 Main Bar & Bistro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Had dinner here the first nice we're in town. Had a great experience. The food was Really good. Left 100% satisfied! Don't miss a stop in here when near by.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

While in Sharon Springs for the Harvest Festival, we decided to have lunch at 204 Main Street Grill. From the funky interior to the friendly service and great food, this spot is not to be missed. The menu was limited, but everything (and I tasted everything that was ordered) was delicious. That included soup, salad and entree. The only thing we didn't order was one of the desserts. Fortunately, I live close enough to the area that it won't be long before I can get back there.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

My partner and I came back to Sharon Springs on our way back to Chicago. 204 was open on a Monday night. We were first pleasantly surprised by the modern ambience and air feel. Our waiter, the owner (his husband is the chef), was very pleasant and accommodating. The menu is is limited which was great. All of the dishes were made from either house made or locally sourced, in season foods.
I had the heirloom tomatoe salad with house made ricotta, olive oil and basal. It was an explosion of tomatoe. Lovely. My partner had fresh corn chowder which was also simple and well prepared. My main was the braised short rib which was perfectly cooked and served over mashed potatoes. My partner had locally made sausages. Also very good. We had a NY wine from their limited but well priced list. Also very good. dessert was a homemade apple tart with whipped cream an a semifreddo with mango.
All in all a very nice addition to the Sharon Springs community. Would highly recommend if you are planning a visit.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We like to eat at the American Hotel when we go to Glimmerglass Opera in Cooperstown, NY, but this time, because we failed to make a reservation, the wait for a table was long and the owner urged us to go a few doors down the street to the 204 Main Street Bar & Bistro. It was a good alternative. The atmosphere is hip--a large, spare space with mid-century furniture for lounging at the front, an antique bar with modern stools, a wall sporting big red polka dots, and simple wood tables and chairs for the diners. The friendly owner served the meal and made good wine recommendations. My husband gave a thumbs up to the tomato soup and said the chicken stir fry was unusual but tasty--lots of linguine with chicken and vegetables. The beet, goat cheese and green salad was fresh and the main course-- short ribs off the bone with fabulous mashed potatoes and broccolini was very good. Wonderful farm bread and local butter were nice additions. Don't miss the wall paper in the ladies' room.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

While traveling across New York on the way to Brimfield, Massachusetts in May 2012 we were getting hungry for an evening meal. We had been on the back roads exploring an old cemetery, and turned into the village of Sharon Springs. Right away the nineteenth-century setting appealed to our interests. Our twenty-first-century tastebuds were quite pleased when we walked into the 204 Main Bar & Bistro and sampled the fare inside. It was an early spring Saturday afternoon and not many travelers. The tomato soup was great! The owner was particularly freindly and waited on us personally. The decors is amusing and pleasing as well