“Healthy and relaxing experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shandaken
Copperhood Retreat & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Shandaken B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I just got back from Copperhood and it exceeded my expectations. I signed up for the three day juice cleanse which was difficult for the mere fact that I love food. However, I'm glad I did it!! After three days, I lost weight, gained a tremendous amount of energy and was beyond relaxed. I've heard of challenges from juice cleansing before. My advice is to go vegan at least a week in advance to help your body adjust.

Whether you juice, go raw foods, or eat regularly, you're bound to leave feeling relaxed and healthy provided that you partake in all of the great activities offered. I never meditated before and I found it to be an incredibly useful relaxation technique. The hikes were beautiful. The classes were well done. Due to being there on a quiet week, I even got some one on one classes in. Furthermore, the spa services were great too.

Most importantly, the staff at this retreat make you feel so comfortable and at home.

If you're looking for personal attention, have an appreciation for nature, and are invested in a healthy lifestyle, then this is an absolute must do trip!!!

Room Tip: I read to select a room facing the creek and I'm glad I asked for one.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Leah D

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My daughter and I were looking for a quiet getaway and to recharge from the day to day hustle of life. We found Copperhood the perfect place. Elizabeth, the innkeeper is warm and friendly. Always sharing her knowledge on health and wellness. We had wonderfull massages and facials. Had great meals and left feeling lighter and healther. Thanks Elizabeth, Cooperhood is a great getaway to regroup and feel better.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rosemary Z
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was looking for a life changing experience and that's exactly what I got.

The past couple years had been challenging and to cope I turned to food. More recently I had begun to re-emerge and wanted something that would propel me further along my path. I wanted a place that would combine a healthful approach to eating as well as fitness.

Elizabeth openly shares her knowledge and expertise gently supporting and guiding every step of the way. Tanya and Alex are amazing... they do everything from guiding hikes, to serving dinner and Lech... he is the quiet guy who creates those delicious meals (as well as keeps the place 'fixed').

I loved having the daily schedule planned out for me... no pressure to do it all but I was committed and did almost everything every day. A typical day was a great hike in the mountains in the morning followed by mediation in a gorgeous studio space that faces the mountains. Afternoons were filled with yoga, aqua aerobics, and other classes. And of course, there are fantastic practioners that deliver the spa services (my personal fave was the Thasallo).

Staying at Copperhood felt very much like visiting the home of a wonderful friend and after my first visit that's exactly what Elizabeth and all have become.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the island and mountain... leave your window open to hear the sound of...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 14, 2013

When I chose to go to Copperhood, I was looking for something low key and a place to just recharge. And that's exactly what I got. I love Elizabeth and her staff, it's like your with good friends. It snowed during our stay, so snowshoeing and hiking with her was a lot of fun just going through the woods. Love her dog, he's so sweet and playful! The facilitites for the massages and the swimming pool, the jacuzzi, and the yoga room are really nice. Loved the people she has for massages and treatments. I got the facial and seasonal and they were awesome. I really also enjoyed the food. -But don't expect rich desserts every night, like chocolate cheesecake! Not this place, Elizabeth does not want you to gain unecessary weight on your stay. They are all about organic and local and eating well (not overeating, but feeling full and satisfied). They do service wine and beer (only with meals). Both were good. Loved the beer, peak organic, I think. The setting in the back is beautiful with a stream and woods. Beautiful. -The rooms are low key in their decor, but nice. We wanted a couch, so we took a two room suite. And it was nice. It was great just to sit and relax, and look out on the balcony. -Makes me want to come out in the summer to experience it. -Also the main dining room is low key and nice , the tables are set for however many guests they have that night and there's a little fireplace in the middle of the room. And the outerwalls are all windows so you can see the hill range in the back and the forest. Gorgeous. There's also like a huge great room, it was really nice, didn't spend much time in there, because they just got the floor redone maybe? -But there was a little bit of odor still left from it. -Sure it's gone now. Super awesome stay. Love the services, love Elizabeth and her staff and love all schedule of activities! -We did almost everything! Love this place. Love the people. -It was nice having such a personal experience.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the side of the stream. Ony two room and three room suites have couches (living ro...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gjks07
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I found accomodations here last minute for a ski trip with some friends. Though they are not a ski lodge, they let us stay and we had an amazing time. Elizabeth, Tanya and the rest of the staff are very warm and accomodating. The retreat is beautiful and matches the breathtaking surroundings well. The spa is great - I almost fell asleep in the jacuzzi! The pool is huge. Everything was very clean and well maintained. They even have a library with some great books and even DVDs to borrow. I look forward to coming back here soon to take part in the wellness program.

Room Tip: We stayed in the apt, which had three bedrooms. We had 4 people and it was perfect.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The Copperhood Retreat & Spa was such a great find! It is beautifully set on a river, off the beaten trail. My friend and I went there because "our" spa had closed. Not knowing exactly what to expect, we were more than pleasantly surprised. The house is gorgeous, the rooms have character, the yoga studio is bright and overlooks the woods and river. Eating on the deck was so serene. We sat there for hours one morning listening to the rain in the woods and the river rushing by. What more could a city girl want?
Elizabeth is very accommodating and easy going, her husband is an incredible chef, and Alex and Tanya will do most anything to please the guests. The food was not only delicious and nutritious, the portion sizes were perfect and the presentation was excellent.
I can't say enough good things about Copperhead Retreat & Spa. I can't wait to return and get away from the suburbs of NY.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

We had the opportunity to bring a group of people to Copperhood for a retreat. We all had an amazing experience. The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The meals were excellent, fresh and flavorful. The yoga studio has a beautiful view of the mountains. We loved hiking the trails on their island. I highly recommend Copperhood for your next Catskills getaway!

• Stayed: October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shandaken
Hotel Vienna
#1 of 7 in Windham
Catskill Seasons Inn
Catskill Seasons Inn
#2 of 3 in Shandaken

Been to Copperhood Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!