Copperhood Retreat & Spa
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Shandaken
See available hotels
Phoenicia Lodge(Phoenicia)
Starlite Motel(Big Indian)
View Hotel
Cold Spring Lodge(Big Indian)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
Xenia Resort(Hunter)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsraw foodwater aerobicsher husbandcanyon ranchother guestsweight losseuropean styleexercise classessteam roomretreat spahealthy livingprepared mealsgreat workoutfitness levelsget awaymary ellenpersonalized attention
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Every time we come, we just don't want to leave. Three of us have been coming here for our annual girls' spa weekend for years now. We tried a couple other places along the way to mix it up, but always end up coming back. We truly love our time at Copperhood. From the minute we walk in the door until the time we reluctantly leave, we feel welcomed and catered to. Each of us have varied interests, varied spa preferences and varied eating habits, and Elizabeth makes sure that each of us is accommodated. The lovely, quiet surroundings add to the ambiance of quiet relaxation. We're going to do out best to come back more often than annually going forward!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Copperhood is one of those rare places that has all the amenities and none of the trappings. Many large resorts claim to offer "personalized service", but more often than not, those facilities overreach - creating an experience that feels more plastic, contrived and (in a way) "too sincere".

You will not have that happen at Copperhood.

Elizabeth, Leszek, and Chort (their dog) run their establishment personally, professionally and thoughtfully. The hikes are great and tailored to one's interest and abilities. The food is well portioned, attractive, tasty and executed with a care that shows "someone is paying attention." And, each massage therapist was spot on with their style and technique - understanding what would work for each individual's experience.

I/we will be back. I recommend Copperhood without question to anyone who really wants to "get away" while being attended by people who "get it".

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I spent one week (Easter break) at Copperhood. The location is very pretty. The spa treatments were excellent, the food good, the welcoming and support by the owner Elizabeth and her husband great to me. Nice place for people who enjoy nature and being quiet.

Room Tip: For a quiet vacation only. Do not go if you expect some "action".
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Clara P
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I had a wonderful time during my stay at Copperhood Spa. I was the only one staying there for the first few days between Chistmas and New Years Eve. At first I was apprehensive however the owner Elizabeth and her husband was so welcoming, my stay was perfect. I juiced for my five day stay, Elizabeth was kind enough to juice with me just so I would not do it alone. I lost five pounds and would certain recommend it. I plan to go back with my girlfriends it's a perfect girls getaway.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank paris2114
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Beautiful river site beneath mountain featuring seclusion, delicious, fresh food, attentive service and a good variety of great spa treatments. In off season, wonderfully private. Highly interesting staff who provide treatments and service without intrusion. We were given an upgrade to a duplex because it was off season. Fires in the fireplace every day and night in the dining room. Came home rested, rejuvenated and with a few new recipes to try to mimick. Elizabeth is a wonderful and her husband a great cook aside from his other many talents. Spectacular new suspension bridge over the river to the private island. Rooms are clean and private jacuzzi was great. Lots of good new memories to add to the ones from trips there before.

Room Tip: Try to get a river view.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple