“Good afghani food but nasty staff and owner”
Review of Choopan Grill

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Choopan Grill
Ranked #13 of 61 Restaurants in Selden
Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

Good kebabs and rice but owner and staff are v nasty do not want to accommodate customer and actually start arguing and don’t mind escalating the situation v bad Cust service don’t appreciate old customers and have a bad attitude dropped them after going here for yrs just for this reason ....everyone is replaceable this is a customer oriented business ... we r in Smerics baby not in Afghanistan war with Russians is over fix ur tude Dude

Reviewed February 7, 2018

Great food, very flavorful we did the dinner for 2 which was a great way to try some of the dishes. Love the Kababs - portions are large - great meals and inexpensive.

Reviewed March 1, 2017

My family & I are regulars at Choopan—SO GOOD! Whether picking up a quick take-out order, dining-in or catering for a large party at home, it’s always good AND always fast! The portions are very generous and reasonable for the price point, especially on larger orders (family combo’s)—I would know, because my family & I eat Choopan almost every week lol.

In my opinion, consistency is KEY in running a restaurant and they always manage to deliver. In fact, I feel that they were going through a period of some refinement/changes (likely when management changed) and are even better now; the beef is more tender, chicken is juicy and grilled perfectly each time, white sauce consistency and taste are right on point. I’ve been eating Afghani food for many years, so this is really important.

We used to drive all the way to Queens, Hicksville and Huntington to get Afghani food. Thankfully, now we don’t have to. In fact, I would say that those restaurants now pale in comparison (rice is more oily, meats are cooked inconsistently, keep changing flavors in foods and white sauce is ‘greasy’).

I will ALWAYS prefer to eat this over Indian/Pakistani food, so I’m really glad that they are in our neighborhood! Flavors are nice and bold, but still subtle and delicious. GO THERE NOW.

Reviewed May 24, 2016

this restaurant knows true flavor and produces nothing short of great tasting food. The food is freshly prepared for each customer and it shows in the taste. Everything on the menu is excellent and the level of cuisine expertise is impressive. The menu is somewhat limited where seafood is concerned but if you have a taste for beef, lamb or chicken then this is the place to go. Exotic herbs and spices makes this restaurant a standout among its competitors. Desserts are also very good here but my favorite is the Fernee. Try this delicious blend of exotic custard perfectly blended with natural rose water and pistachio. Yum!

Reviewed February 17, 2016

great food, non spicy but v flavored and seasoned, recommend chicken and beef goal kabab, lamb chops, brown rice is excellent along with their white sauce