“Striving for a 50's diner feel, a bit pricy for what you get”
Review of Scotia Diner

Scotia Diner
Ranked #30 of 38 Restaurants in Scotia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stopped in there for a bite before a movie with my wife. Service was great but the food was mediocre at best. My haddock dinner had two slabs of identically shaped "filets" - obviously manufactured and frozen. Tasted like frozen as well. My wife returned next day with a coupon that she forgot to use the night before and asked if they might honor it with a desert. The brusk answer from the owner was "Absolutely not. It has to be presented at the time you order." That's fine but it indicates an attitude of money over service. To be clear I'm basing my rating solely on food quality.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We have frequented this restaurant and have always been impressed by the fast service, the delicious food (we go for breakfast), and the more than reasonable prices. We haven't been since they moved to the new location, only because we live further now, but we have family that still goes there and continues to be impressed.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

This diner is at a new location, a former dry cleaners.The greatest improvment is cleanliness. II's decor reflects the 50"s, very bright and in your face. Our waitress quickly brought us water and menus. Unfortunatly she had piercing on eyebrow, nose, tongue and bottom lip. OMG.. Talk about a turn off. The owner or manager (I'm not sure) came out while we were eating and started yellin and rearranging tables. He had on a muscle shirt, tats all over and a bikers neck scarf on his head.
The food was good however, we were very uncomfortable and would never go again.

2  Thank seniorgoer
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We went to The Scotia Diner in Scotia NY and this is our second bad experience since the reopening of it. SO needless to say they have lost us as customers. The waitress was not attentive to us as her customers and we were left waiting for refills on our coffee cups, cooks yelling from the back for waitresses to pick up the orders rather than use an intercom system they I think they have there to
use for orders, touched our food with their fingers the cook did and then wipe them on his dirty apron. The waitress never picked up our dirty plates despite being at our tables and then when we asked for a container, she placed it on the dirty plates. I had to wipe the tarter sauce off the bottom of it. I let the bus girl know as well as the woman at the register and left NO TIP.

— at The Scotia Diner INC.

1  Thank Pat W
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Place looks great. Went with family, moms eggs benidict was great, my beef sandwich is something I will not order again, dry, steak ums on a burger roll is what it tasted like. I will give a second try but might stick to breakfast foods.

Been to Scotia Diner? Share your experiences!