“Not for everybody”

Ranked #25 of 37 Restaurants in Scotia
Cuisines: American
“Not for everybody”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This diner is at a new location, a former dry cleaners.The greatest improvment is cleanliness. II's decor reflects the 50"s, very bright and in your face. Our waitress quickly brought us water and menus. Unfortunatly she had piercing on eyebrow, nose, tongue and bottom lip. OMG.. Talk about a turn off. The owner or manager (I'm not sure) came out while we were eating and started yellin and rearranging tables. He had on a muscle shirt, tats all over and a bikers neck scarf on his head.
The food was good however, we were very uncomfortable and would never go again.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank seniorgoer

Scotia, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Lost us as customers..”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We went to The Scotia Diner in Scotia NY and this is our second bad experience since the reopening of it. SO needless to say they have lost us as customers. The waitress was not attentive to us as her customers and we were left waiting for refills on our coffee cups, cooks yelling from the back for waitresses to pick up the orders rather than use an intercom system they I think they have there to
use for orders, touched our food with their fingers the cook did and then wipe them on his dirty apron. The waitress never picked up our dirty plates despite being at our tables and then when we asked for a container, she placed it on the dirty plates. I had to wipe the tarter sauce off the bottom of it. I let the bus girl know as well as the woman at the register and left NO TIP.

— at The Scotia Diner INC.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Pat W
Schenectady, New York
“1st time at new location”
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Place looks great. Went with family, moms eggs benidict was great, my beef sandwich is something I will not order again, dry, steak ums on a burger roll is what it tasted like. I will give a second try but might stick to breakfast foods.

Albany, New York
“Totally not what I expected!!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Place looks cool. Hostess was polite and cheerful, I wish she was our waitress!! I ordered a side salad and it was 3.99. I figured it would be a decent size for that price, but I was totally shocked to find the opposite! I returned it immediately. Cottage cheese was old tasting and tasted like a cheap off-brand label brand. The added onions in the soggy home fries were raw and made the whole dish taste nasty. I wish we didn't even stop here, but you never know how a diner is until you experience it. We won't be returning!

schenectady
“Food good, managing staff....not so good.”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The new diner had a great write up in the Schenectady Gazette so we thought we would give it a try. The 50s look was welcoming, the food was good, but the greeter at the door left a lot to be desired. She reprimanded the waitress for not having bussed a table where we would be sitting; making it awkward not only for the waitress, but for us patrons as well. When paying our bill, the cashier at the register had a hard time figuring out how to charge a visa card and inadvertently charged us twice. Yes, it did show up on our bill as 2 charges. The irate lady who sat us, interrupted our transaction, without excusing her self, demanded the cashier give her cash from the register to run an errand and never even said she was sorry for her intrusive, aggressive, ornery behavior of hers. I don't think we'll be returning to this establishment any time soon. It's a shame, the breakfast and the waitresses were great but the managing style leaves a lot to be desired.

• Visited September 2012