“Such A Value For The $$$”

Old Saratoga Motor Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Schuylerville
Old Saratoga Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Schuylerville
Reviewed June 12, 2013

When the weather looked horrible for my upcoming weekend at the "Gottagetgon" Folk Festival, I decided that camping was going to be a bad idea. A search through the area accommodations came up with a whole lot of extremely expensive possibilities, but there didn't seem to be anything that was reasonable. My friend suggested the OSMI. It was available at a fair price, the room was clean and interestingly decorated. Jim was helpful and always available when needed. The entire place has the perfect retro feel of a 50s or 60s motor court, with convenient parking right outside the room. The village of Schuylerville is picturesque and quiet. I was more than pleased, and I left with the feeling that I found the only bargain in an overpriced tourist trap area. That's a pretty good feeling!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank MikeCarbonneau

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed here while we were attending the Washington County Antique Fair. It is a deceiving from the outside; it looks a bit old fashioned. But when we opened the door to our room we were shocked at how beautifully it was decorated, and how clean and fresh it was. The price of the room was great, and the owner was very pleasant and helpful. We ate at a B&B across the street, that I believe it also owned by them, and it was outstanding..great food at a very reasonable price. We plan on staying there again next year.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank loriner
Reviewed March 3, 2013

this (place has been recommended by friends in the past - I finally listened and loved it - the rooms ARE small and it is an old fashioned design -but the rooms are tastefully decorated, the people who run/own it are great (cookies for dogs and people alike). Wifi and TV stations are multiple. the bed in room 12 was GREAT. The bathroom is small but for one person it is fine. Area is safe, there is good food locally. only draw back was the hot water - if you have room 12, let it run at least 5 minutes before your shower - and I don't think I used the cold water at all. And yes,there was a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Parking lot is slightly rough for walking when dark.
I would stay here again without question (might ask for a lower number room - I did hear the water is better closer to room one!)

Room Tip: ask for a room closer to number one - water pressure and hot water is reputed to be better!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Pemcorgi
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here over the Turning Point weekend. It is a quaint place. The folks here really went out of their way to be helpful. The room was clean and comfortable and the price was just right. The next time we come "home", if we can get a room here we will. It may not look like much on the outside but looks can be deiceiving. The area surrounding it is not much to look at either but this is an old village with old buildings and not one of the more prosporus areas. But since travellers don't live in their rooms it served as an affordable base from which to explore the history of the area. Thanks to the Miers for their part in making this a wonderful weekend.

Room Tip: Room 5 has a wonderful night sky.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The area and buildings surrounding this property are somewhat dismal and in disrepair as is this property. You will get a clean room albeit wreaking of perfumed deodorizers with thin sheets, thin towels,  slow hot water. You will also get a coffee maker, fridge, wifi and microwave. The owners were rarely there which made it difficult to check in, get ice and check out.  I will look for other lodging next time as it just wasnt my cup of tea.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank nsb06751
Reviewed August 2, 2012

When we drove up, we thought we may have made a mistake. The exterior of this vintage motel (one of the L-shaped, one story, front parking lot motels you used to see all over the U.S.) is in need of some work. The roof needs replacing (although it didn't leak when it rained!), and it's crying for a paint job. The small patch of unpaved ground behind the office running down the side of the parking lot was unmowed and overrun with weeds. That said, we were pleasantly surprised to find our rooms well-appointed, freshly painted, and equipped with a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. And did I mention clean? We were traveling with another couple and both of our rooms were spotless. The owners, the Miers, were very pleasant. Jim showed us to our rooms, handed out cookies and a wireless access code, and was quick to offer directions and advice when asked. Roni directed us to a little cafe (Over the Moon Bakery and Cafe) down the street for lunch when we first arrived, and we went back the next two mornings for breakfast, it was so good. We were in town for a concert, followed by a day at the track and dinner in Saratoga, but are getting fed up with what they're charging right in town for rooms we don't even spend much time in. I would stay at this motel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed one night...the owners are friendly and chatty but not intrusive. Its clean! Very clean. We had two beds in the room, and mine had one of those rubber mattress pads so I sweated all night.

Sadly we had a family from hell (why do they insist on renting one room for 4? Parents and two teenagers??) next door. Its a motel, so it sounded like they were tearing down walls all night. Thank god the window AC was circa 1950 so the clanging helped create a louder white noise to the stupid people next door.

My folks had another room and they were woken early by the folks on their side...huge dogs. Its a pet friendly place.

Nice attempts and the fridge was a nice touch. Again, clean...just noisy. That can't be entirely the owner's fault. But remember - the less you pay for your room, the more apt you'll find folks that 'don't travel much' around you.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BrendaMurray

Been to Old Saratoga Motor Inn? Share your experiences!