“Loved the Tumble Inn”

Ranked #4 of 7 Schroon Lake B&B and Inns
Altamont, New York
“Loved the Tumble Inn”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We always went to Schroon Lake for our anniversary. I don't know how we missed the Tumble Inn. I am so glad that we found t it. Nancy does an excellent job, not only cooking amazing breakfasts,but making all of her guests feel welcome. She has the sweetest dogs on the planet. We went on a dog walk with her and toured a near by park. The bed was so comfortable. If you are looking for a comfortable place to sleep,good food and good company the Tumble Inn is your place.

Room Tip: We had the summer room it was great.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Barb P
Mammabell50, Owner at Tumble Inn, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
We appreciate the time you took to write a review for Trip Advisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the dogs. I, too, enjoy my walks and hikes in the area and was happy to share Scaroon Manor State Park with you. We hope you return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Medford, Oregon, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The room we had was small but very pleasant. It was clear that Nancy had made some effort in her decorating choices, but there could have been a bit more space to put our stuff. Decor items took up most of the tabletops and dresser top.

Breakfast was huge and the company of other guests was delightful. I wish I had had time to enjoy the hot tub and other amenities Nancy offered.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mammabell50, Owner at Tumble Inn, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Thank you ror the review and positive feedback. I am glad I finally figured out how to get to the reviews and respond to them! You comment about space on the dresser tops is well taken and one that can be easily fixed. I appreciate your honesty.
Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have stayed at the Tumble Inn twice...
The first time, April 2012, a friend and I each got a room---we were both very happy with our rooms and delicious breakfast Nancy prepared. We enjoyed very interesting conversation with 3 other guests over a sumptuous breakfast.
I stayed again in April 2013 with my husband. He also found the room, private bath and bed very comfortable. He was blown away by the incredible breakfast....french toast with rum raisin sauce, fresh eggs, fruit cup, fresh baked apple coffee cake, I could go on and on....the coffee and OJ were delicious too. Nancy, our host, is delightful! We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rm5smith
Brigantine, New Jersey
Reviewed January 25, 2013

January 19th, 2013 was the first time my husband and I stayed at a Bed & Breakfast inn. It was a fantastic experience! Nancy and Larry at the Tumble Inn were very friendly and accommodating. The Inn was very cozy and clean, and the bed we slept in was very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious, and Nancy was certainly well prepared. Great cook! I must add that the hot tub was perfect temperature too. Very relaxing. We really enjoyed our experience at the Tumble Inn and are glad to have met Nancy and Larry. They are wonderful people. Keep up the great work!

Steve & Brenda

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve H
Mammabell50, Owner at Tumble Inn, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Thank you for the review. I appreciate your advice and positive feedback.
New York
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've stayed in numerous b & b's all over the US, and this one was ok. Beds and baths were fine. Breakfasts nice. Host could have been more welcoming. Guest fridge was filthy. Did not give a good impression.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank NewYorkNative
Mammabell50, Owner at Tumble Inn, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
We are sorry that you won't come back. I have two refrigerators that are used in the summer. One is on the porch for cold waters and soft drinks for guests. Since your stay, that refrigerator has been replaced and is checked daily for cleanliness. The other is out in the barn and is used as my overflow and guest food. The doors are rusted as it is outside year round. If this was the problem, I will put it on my list of things to paint in the spring.
Northport, New York
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Excellent B&B and the cleanest place we've ever been to! The hostess Nancy was kind enough to simplify her gourmet breakfast to meet our "simple needs", and it was delicious! Comfortable and nicely decorated Inn with very warm and welcoming hosts.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anna m
Mammabell50, Owner at Tumble Inn, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Thank you for the review. I only now found out how to respond to trip advisor reviews!
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on a whim without a reservation, but the innkeeper was very welcoming and generous. It was easy to find - right on the highway - but that also meant it was loud in our room (the "summer" room - it looked out on the road). Also loud because the glass was single panes, which also meant it was kind of cold at night. If the innkeepers have some extra cash, I would suggest taking that on as a project first.

Still, this was a minor inconvenience, and easily forgotten in the face of all the really lovely things - the friendliness of the innkeepers, the beauty of the house, the super cozy beds and adorable rooms, and the AMAZING breakfasts!

I gave the place a slightly low cleanliness score because she mentioned a mouse problem, but I never saw one, and it was understandable, considering it's an old farmhouse. My travel companion thought the towels were a bit shabby, but I didn't notice. I would recommend this place for sure to couples.

• Stayed October 2012
Mammabell50, Owner at Tumble Inn, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Thankyou for your honesty in the reviews. Let me respond. When restoring the house, I was reading a book by Martha Stewart. My husband wanted new windows, but Martha said she regretted not keeping the original wavy (hand blown) ones. I decided that I wanted to keep the house as it was as much as possible. This has also had an impact on our heating bills. As our inn is a seasonal business, we do have plans upgrading some windows when we have some extra money, but with college tuitions and other expenses, it is not yet possible. There are electric fireplaces in all rooms and down comforters. As far as mice...that's what critters do in the Adirondacks! They seek warmth in the fall when it gets cold; it has nothing to do with lack of cleanliness! Our cellar foundation is rock. The house was built in the 1870s and we know we have to deal with issues in order to keep the house true to its heritage. We do our best to eradicate the problem when it presents itself. We hope this helps other travelers know about the inn and the trials of Adirondack living!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schroon Lake
#7 of 7 in Schroon Lake
The Stone House Motel
The Stone House Motel
#4 of 6 in Ticonderoga

Been to Tumble Inn? Share your experiences!