“Killin Q”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Killin Q”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

this guy really has it figured out! I tried a to meat platter with pulled pork and brisket along with a side of barbecued beans. I should preface this by stating that I am the original barbecue snob. That said, the brisket was a solid 8, the pulled pork and 8.5, while the barbecue beans weighed in at a 10 standing toe to toe with the best I have ever tasted. I highly recommend the stop.

• Visited June 2013

New York
“Gluten-Free and Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Mr. P's is a wonderful little family-owned restaurant with their own bakery.... Everything is gluten free (YAY!) unless you request a regular roll for your delicious sandwich.... My husband and I have gone many times and we are NEVER disappointed. The pulled pork sandwiches are WONDERFUL. The gluten-free baked goods are to die for.... I always grab my gluten-free cupcakes when I am ordering my dinner and no matter how hard I try, I always end up eating the cupcakes first! Their flavors are just wonderful... I highly recommend this place whether you need to eat gluten-free or not. The BBQ is amazing! The price is right, the owners are friendly, the place is clean, the decor is adorable... woodsy and homey but a little bit rock and roll too. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great Local Place to Eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is a very casual place, and a quick meal out. The food is superb with a choice of meats smoked and with rubs, fris and coleslaw and corn bread. We really nejoyed it here - it would be similar to a burger bar in the UK, with take away and eat in available. Very good prices and good hosts.

Visited June 2012
Brooklyn
“Delicious, inexpensive and real bbq”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I'm not a huge meat person, so I'm not the best person to be scoring this. However, I can appreciate the sight of a beautiful looking pulled pork sandwich with delicious home made and spiced potato chips. The fiance was incredibly happy and looked totally satiated at the end of his meal.
I ordered the chopped salad and was a pain in the butt with ordering crispy chicken on top of it (the option is their smoked chicken....I'm not a big pulled meat person, the texture is too weird for me) and they complied and were friendly about it - which should win them big points, as the downside was, the crispy chicken was frozen chicken tenders that were fried real quick and were pretty undesirable. The salad was delicious, was huge and more than necessary. Looking back I realize I should have known not to go for crispy chicken at the smokehouse, but you live and learn! Very good food by very kind people

Visited May 2012
“Thi food stick to the dry bbq”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Not what I expected try to master the bbq before u ruin another culture. Maybe go back to breakfast that's what schroon needs is good breakfast. Good luck.