“Great Local Place to Eat”
Review of Mr. P's Mountain Smokehouse - CLOSED

Mr. P's Mountain Smokehouse
London, United Kingdom
“Great Local Place to Eat”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is a very casual place, and a quick meal out. The food is superb with a choice of meats smoked and with rubs, fris and coleslaw and corn bread. We really nejoyed it here - it would be similar to a burger bar in the UK, with take away and eat in available. Very good prices and good hosts.

Visited June 2012

Brooklyn
“Delicious, inexpensive and real bbq”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I'm not a huge meat person, so I'm not the best person to be scoring this. However, I can appreciate the sight of a beautiful looking pulled pork sandwich with delicious home made and spiced potato chips. The fiance was incredibly happy and looked totally satiated at the end of his meal.
I ordered the chopped salad and was a pain in the butt with ordering crispy chicken on top of it (the option is their smoked chicken....I'm not a big pulled meat person, the texture is too weird for me) and they complied and were friendly about it - which should win them big points, as the downside was, the crispy chicken was frozen chicken tenders that were fried real quick and were pretty undesirable. The salad was delicious, was huge and more than necessary. Looking back I realize I should have known not to go for crispy chicken at the smokehouse, but you live and learn! Very good food by very kind people

Visited May 2012
“Thi food stick to the dry bbq”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Not what I expected try to master the bbq before u ruin another culture. Maybe go back to breakfast that's what schroon needs is good breakfast. Good luck.

“Good BBQ”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I like the pulled pork sandwich a lot but it's kind of dry but until you then choose one of their delicious sauces and after slathering it on the pork at the table, and then it's great.. I'm getting hungry writing this. They had excellent Bahn Mi, vietnamese style special sandwich the last time I was there. It is a counter service place, you order at the window then take a seat and they bring your food. The music is blues. It feels very authentic. They have gluten free baked goods too, but I haven't tried any.

• Visited August 2012
Texas
“Not Bad For Casual BBQ”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Located on Main Street Schroon Lake, this is a very casual place to eat. You place your order at the counter and then sit. They will bring your order to you. We each had the Sampler Platter 1/4 rack ribs, and Beef Brisket, two meats, $17. This was just okay the ribs were overcooked and crisp; the brisket needed sauce to add any taste of BBQ. The Blue Cheese Cold Slaw was very different, the bake beans were very good and the Corn Spoon Bread was okay. We ate late and they had started to close so maybe that accounts for the overcooked ribs. Any way we would probably not go back.

• Visited August 2012