“Too easy to pass on the way into town”

Sticks & Stones Wood Fired Bistro & Bar
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Schroon Lake
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sticks & Stones Wood Fired Bistro & Bar located just off Interstate 87 in Schroon Lake, NY. Fireside dining inside and outside. Dog friendly patio. Featuring Adirondack Rustic ambiance with gracious local art decor. Authentic Wood Fired Neapolitan Pizza. Serving fine wines, local draft beer and hand crafted cocktails. Fresh seafood, steaks and nightly specials. Vegetarian and Vegan options available. OPEN 7 DAYS PER WEEK year round! During summer serving lunch and dinner everyday!
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We arrived in Schroon Lake about 3:30 on a weekday having skipped lunch so were looking for an early dinner. We drove right by this restaurant because we thought it wasn't open.

Our second day we again wanted an early dinner. We found Sticks & Stones on TA and it was right up the road so we decided to try it.

It proved to be exactly the kind of restaurant we love to find when traveling. Local ambiance, good food, friendly attentive staff, all the good things mentioned by other reviewers.

We started with a local beer, Paradox Pilsner and really liked it.

I had the eggplant parm appetizer (a favorite dish of mine) as my entree and made me wish this restaurant was close to home. The warm sauce was served on the side , a nice touch. My husband had a thin crust pizza which he liked.

For dessert we each had the house made Apple Crisp which could have easily served two.

When we entered we were greeted by our waitress, Carisse who was friendly and attentive without being obtrusive. One of the co owners, Gary, came by. and we had a good conversation. He clearly cares about the restaurant and the people he serves and tries to meet each one. We made a couple of suggestions which he seemed genuinely interested in.

We had called ahead because we found conflicting reports of the opening time. Currently they open at 11:30 for lunch and remain open until 9. Starting Tuesday June 17 they will open for breakfast. We got a sneak peek at the menu and it has something for everyone from fruit and yogurt, to multiple egg and meat combos and omelettes.

You know you are in the Adirondacks by the decor and the relaxed homey atmosphere and reasonable good food was exactly what we were looking for.

1  Thank jroihl

Reviewed May 28, 2014

nice wine list of wines by the glass, and great salads. The pizzas looked delicious but I really wanted salad, and I had a fig and cheese mélange on top of greens, which were quite tasty!

Reviewed May 21, 2014

When you arrive, look around. There are some beautiful full logs installed near the bar, as well as carved bears on the booth seats. The restaurant is decorated with beautiful photographs of the Adirondacks, too.

We had a large party the night we ate here - 10 people, I think. That's not always easy for a restaurant to handle but they did great and gave us a long table in a quiet corner.

Everyone in our party enjoyed their food. The pasta dishes were huge and very saucy. Several of us had salads, which were also very large. I noticed that in the Adirondacks, all the salads included Sweety Drop peppers, which we don't seem to have in Chicago. They are lovely and while I didn't eat all of my lettuce, I hunted those tiny peppers out religiously...

The one weird thing was that we were eating very, very early on Saturday evening (5PM) and they had already run out of the fish special. Perplexing!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

The setting is really ADK. The interior is eye catching. The service was excellent. Had the fish and chips, great tasting and just the right amount. Full bar service, not a noisy place. Service was excellent and great timing on all parts of the dinner. Sweet potatoe fries was great. I will be going back!

Reviewed May 15, 2014

The mushroom soup was very good. The boneless chicken was excellent- great sauce on it. Be sure to order the aurora fettuccini if you like shrimp, sausage and lots of mushrooms. This dish also introduced us to Peruvian sweet peppers..yum!

Staff is very friendly and helpful.