“Every Year my kids have to eat here!”
Review of Pitkins Restaurant

Pitkins Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Schroon Lake
Cuisines: American
Description: 518-532-7918 A family owned business for over 100 years in the Town of Schroon , NY
new york
“Every Year my kids have to eat here!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Don't ask. The name does nothing to enhance the dining but we do a 40 mile round trip in the Adirondacks every time we are on vacation. The same great unsweetened Iced Tea (with Ice tea spoons!) and fabulous homemade desserts (If the rhubarb pie is running low ask the waitress to reserve your slicewhen you order!) and the great BBQ platters (the ribs and chicken are great; I'm not crazy abour the brisket- Texas Style). Please do not order the ham steak. My teenage daughters and their cousins love the Turkey dinner with Brown gravy or the crispy homemade fried chicken. My husband chides them with the mantra "Sure we have peas. I'll just open a fresh can." Reasonable prices. Stick to BBQ & dessert and you'll be fine.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank stickley2005

Brooklyn
“Diner in a small town, pretty much explains i tall”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Pitkins is very typical of what you'd expect to find at a diner sort of restaurant. Good standard food and very friendly people. The BBQ sauce is amazing though, so well worth the trip if you love dipping fries into sauce!

• Visited May 2012
Texas
“Good BBQ In Casual Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Located on Main Street this is a good place to stop for lunch in a relaxing atmosphere. Our BBQ sandwiches were good size and taste. We shared both the BBQ beef and pulled pork sandwiches, with fries and cold slaw. The atmosphere is very casual dining. This is a good place for a light lunch. We did not eat a dinner here son not sure what that would be like. The service was good and friendly.

Pittsfield
“Pitkin's is Top Notch”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Eat here what ever you do while you are in the Schroon Lake region. All of the BBQ meals second to none. BBQ Beef was so tender you could easily cut it with your fork. The Pulled Pork sandwich was done to perfection. Server was very busy and seemed to be the only one waiting tables but you would have never guested that by they way she seemlessly care for for all of her customers. So BBQ fan or not you will enjoy the generous portions as well as the perfect service. Don't be fooled by the down home look this place is top notch So boat drive walk just get to Pitkin's

Lynbrook
“I chose wisely”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

There are several options for lunch in Schroon Lake, but I am glad I chose Pitkins Restaurant. I arrived after the lunch rush, yet there were still several occupied booths. I didn't search the menu long before I saw a variation on a Rueben grill...barbequed pork+slaw+swiss on grilled bread and a side of homemade potato salad. This was delicious! The service and cleanliness get high marks also. I came to find out later on from the innkeepers at The Alpine Homestead, that Pitkins has been around a while and they go there often. I'm glad I chose wisely!