“Military Reunions”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Schroon Lake
Rocky Acres Inn B&B
Ranked #3 of 7 Schroon Lake B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We have had our last 3 or 4 military reunions(about 25-30 people) at Rocky Acres and always enjoy ourselves. Laura has two screened houses, one with a fire place, that makes getting together in small groups possible and a fire pit near a small pond that make large get togethers comfortable. Laura works hard to make everything happen smoothly for our events. I can't say enough about Laura, as others are saying, she is friendly, warm and caring. So if you are thinking of having a small weekend away or a major event with beautiful surroundings, choose Rocky Acres! You won't be sorry!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
RockyAcresInn, Owner at Rocky Acres Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

It is always a pleasure to Host the Air Force reunions through the years & I hope to continue in the future:)

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Our family has been spending a weekend each summer at Rocky Acres for the past twelve years; we wouldn't stay anywhere else! Laura is a warm and friendly host, we feel like family. She cooks the best breakfasts in town! We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Rocky Acres offers all the amenities of a contemporary B&B, the natural beauty of the Adirondacks and the tranquil calm of its forrest surroundings. This much you could expect. What really makes Rocky Acres remarkable is the care and attention Laura, the proprietor, extends to her guests. Her personal warmth lets you feel at home from the outset and her careful attention to your needs and preferences assures you that you're a welcome guest. From the excellent breakfast in the morning to the shared conversation around the campfire under the evening stars, Laura made each day of our visit to the mountains truly special. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and left happy to have found our home away from home in the Adirondacks!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
RockyAcresInn, Owner at Rocky Acres Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thank you for such a glowing review:) I am looking forward to having you both back to Rocky Acres & the new found friendship!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Hi, been going to Laura's bed and breakfast for 5 years. She is dog friendly and I love bringing my black lab "Dakotah" there. She cooks an awesome breakfast when you want to eat, and she knows all the going on's in Schroon Lake. She goes out of her way to make sure you have an awesome vacation and will work with you if you have special needs. My dog and my girlfriend are the highlights of my life and Laura makes all of us feel like we are still home !

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffrey M
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have been vacationing there now for 5 years. We have been bringing our black lab for the last 2 years. Laura the host has been very accommodating . They are dog friendly . Laura makes a great breakfast in the morning and is very knowledgeable about any activities going on around town. It is quiet and peaceful, you can have a fire in the back or just enjoy the views with a pond in the yard. There are trails for hiking. I highly recommend this bed and breakfast if you are looking for a Adirondack vacation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cgizzi1
Reviewed June 23, 2012

First off I want to start by saying Laura is an amazing, very dedicated and strong woman. The Inn/B&B is such a beautiful and well kept place. The Inn is a home away from home. I moved to Hawaii almost two years ago and when I came home for my first visit in a year and a half I made a visit to the B&B and well, all I can say is that Hawaii doesn't have anything on the Adirondacks. I love going to the B&B because it is so peaceful and reminds me how much I love the Northeast. Laura makes you feel at home and is prompt when it comes to meals and any service that may be needed. The B&B is always clean and neat and very welcoming. It's a place that you can go to just for the day and it's also a place that you could spend the weekend at. There is a lot of private property that you can take walks on and enjoy the wilderness. I give Rocky Acres Inn/B&B an excellent rating and I know I will be a repeat customer of the B&B. (I have posted some photos below. I do apologize that I did not take any of the outside of the B&B or the inside but the photos I did take are some of the beautiful views surrounding the B&B.)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I travelled up from PA. Our host was very accomadating and flexible regarding our arrival time. The lodging and furnishings were very nice, and the location is very private. Breakfast was substantial (eggs, sausage, waffles, etc.) and served according to the time table of the guests (us). My wife and I had an excellent time and I think made a new friend. I reccomend Rocky Acres.

Brian Dudonis