“My favorite place in Schoharie County for lunch”
Review of Apple Barrel

Apple Barrel
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Schoharie
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Jam packed full with wicked neat stuff. One of a kind treasures abound.Fantastic country cafe and lovely gift shop. Come explore, come eat, and come enjoy.
Cobleskill, New York
“My favorite place in Schoharie County for lunch”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

A couple years ago people kept telling me, "you have to go to the Apple barrel". So I finally did. It exceeded my expectations & my teenage daughter's. Whenever she has a day off from school or a half day, we've made it a tradition to come her for lunch. I even brought my parents here (who are very picky) they loved it & have been back with me twice.

• Visited September 2013

Westfield, New Jersey, USA
“Great lunches”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

A very quaint spot to stop for lunch in the Catskills. Broad menu with novel sandwiches that taste as good as they sound. Large porch for dining in good weather. Scenic!

Visited October 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great Find just 30 minutes West of Albany”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Great Country Store and Cafe. We just happened onto this place while driving on Rt 30 at I-88 (exit 23). The food was delicious, the wait staff was very friendly (Shelby waited on us), and the fresh baked pies were to die for. I had an open faced chicken salad sandwich with fresh thin sliced NY apples and melted cheese on top. It was excellent. Good food, great service, great pie. What's not to like?

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank James E
“I love this place!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I only had desert, which was fantastic! Service was a tiny bit slow......but its such a relaxing atmosphere that I did not mind. The gift shop is nice, prices seem reasonable. There is a LOT to look at! I will definitely try to go again.

Ohhhh........it is nothing like Cracker Barrel.

• Visited August 2013
Chehalis, Washington
“A vary pleasent suprise”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

It has been over thirty years since I visited New York and the last time I stopped at the Apple Barrel it was a Apple warehouse that sold apples and cider, honey and such in the fall.
I was pleasantly surprised to see it had been remodeled into a beautiful little country store and restaurant! We had a beautiful sunny day so we sat out side and enjoyed one of the best lunches we have had in a vary long time. The food was wonderful and the service was great . After lunch we did a little shopping in the gift shop buying fresh cut flowers and some vary unique gifts for family and friends.

• Visited July 2013