“Such a nice place.”
Review of Chief Schenevus

Chief Schenevus
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Schenevus
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I used to go to the Chief years ago. Always loved their baked goods. Went back today for the first time in 10 years. Such a warm, inviting atmosphere. Great menu, great service, & great cookies as usual. Definitely going back. Love the country charm.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

It would be easy enough to miss this small town gem and just buzz right past the slightly run down Main Street storefront, with its chipped stone steps and fading facade. However, skipping a stop at this community gathering place would mean missing out on some outstanding versions of classic diner fare, house made bakery items and even some local lore.
There is no doubt that I have my favorites; my "chief" favorite being the french dip sandwich, made on fresh baked bread with thinly sliced roast beef and just the right amount of cheese. The au jus is spot on salty perfection and soaks into the bread in the most wonderful way. I always have to order extra au jus just to be on the safe side. The cold sandwiches are a favorite of my boyfriends, as are the ridiculously affordable burgers (in several varieties) and the daily specials, which are always awesome and usually include some stand out Italian options.
Aside from the diner food you can eat in the quirky dining room or carry out, Chief Schenevus is home to some of my favorite bakery items in the entire region. I wait each week for Napoleon Thursdays, but if I happen to miss out, I am happy to console myself with selections such as "snickers puffs', dark chocolate/cherry turnovers or maybe a red velvet cupcake.....

2  Thank Erika E
Reviewed April 12, 2012

just for the jelly donuts which, sadly, they only make on Sundays

1  Thank Lorien5
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I stopped in here one Saturday morning and got some baked treats to go with my family. I'm fairly certain the treats were consumed, without sparing a crumb, before we got back to the car, at which point we turned around and bought some more. It's easy to pass up the Chief Schenevus, but you'll be sad if you do!

3  Thank Martha G
Reviewed July 30, 2008

Stopped there for lunch while driving home from Acadia. Excellent and inexpensive food. Don't forget desert; the ice cream and pastries were very good. Interesting history about the Iroquois too.

1  Thank thomascorrigan

Been to Chief Schenevus? Share your experiences!