All reviews double tree union college cookies holiday inn fire pit room service great hotel business trip hotel bar indoor pool checking in rooms are clean parking lot the hotel staff would definitely stay here again downtown area fitness center
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2020

I stayed here with my group and had a restful experience. My specific room requests were honored, which I very much appreciated! The hotel is clean, well maintained and the staff was friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Kate F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2020

Hello schatzynme,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our staff prides themselves on giving our guests the best experience. I know you travel frequently and hope that when you come back to the area you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

The employees at this hotel do a great job in responding to the needs of their guests. Anita at the front desk always has a smile for you and is eager to help in anyway she can. Clean, consistent and close to downtown.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business
Kate F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

Hello Mvptrainer,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Anita is a great asset to our team and I will make sure to share your feedback with her and the rest of our staff. I hope that when back in the area you will stay with us again.

Reviewed December 16, 2019

This hotel is very clean with a great bar & restaurant !!!!!! Very nice rooms & helpful staff. I have stayed here many times & every time has been great !!!! I will be staying here in the future because it is so nice & complete !!!

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Kate F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2019

Hello llaurent2019,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that we continue to exceed your expectations. I will share your comment with our staff and they appreciate hearing the great feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 8, 2019

Spent 5 days here for a work trip. Super clean common areas and one of the best beds I have ever slept in! Fun ,friendly and courteous staff and the food at the restaurant was fabulous at the hotel restaurant bar. I say thank you to expecally Kate for making my stay great !

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Kate F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2019

Hello chrisz12737,
Wow, thank you for the great review, I am very happy that we exceeded your expectations in all areas. We hope that if work brings you back to the area you will choose to stay with us again. I will make sure to share your feedback with our staff as they always appreciate to hear how happy they make our guests.

Reviewed November 30, 2019

Everything about our stay was flawless, except for the absurd “incidentals” fee of $50.00, which was charged to my credit card upon check-in. I was told this was to cover any charges I might make while staying at the hotel, and that it would be refunded to me within three days. Since it was late at night, I had no other option but to accept this unreasonable use of my money. This amounts to a three day loan of capital to Hilton.

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Kate F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2019

Dear Deborah P,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel and staff to exceed your expectations. The $50.00 authorization on your card for incidentals is standard practice for hotels. The hold is only if you charge something to your room such as room service or something from the pantry. It is credited back to you if you do not charge anything to your room at check out. Depending on your bank it could take up to 3 business days to see the removal of the authorization. I do apologize for any miscommunication regarding the hold. I do hope that when back in the area you will choose to stay with us again.

Kind Regards,