See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 29, 2018

Do not stay here! This was one of the worst stays at a hotel I’ve ever had. I was put in a smoking section even though my reservation was not supposed to be in the smoking section. I was told at that point they were booked and there was nothing they could do. The room I stayed in was disgusting did not have a shower curtain the toilet did not flush and the freezer was so iced over that you could barely shut the door on the refrigerator. The staff was mediocre at best and eventually moved me into a better room, however this room was still not as clean, By a longshot, as a room in a hotel should be!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Debbie N, Director of Sales at Days Inn by Wyndham Schenectady, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Thank you for your review of the Days Inn by Wyndham Schenectady. As part of the management team at the hotel, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your feedback. For our shortcomings, we sincerely apologize. We know we have a lot of work to do and with comments and feedback from our valued guests; we will work harder to improve and show we can meet and exceed all of your expectations. We are in the process of eliminating all smoking rooms and replacing the furniture in them at that time. Please come back and let us show you the improvements.

Reviewed July 14, 2018

Worse place I have ever seen. Do not waste your money. Its dirty, in disrepair, and maybe a transient hotel. It's in a bad neighborhood. Breakfast is a joke, most items were not available. Toilet barely flushed. Wallpaper peeling. Room smelled like cigarette smoke.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Debbie N, Director of Sales at Days Inn by Wyndham Schenectady, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Thank you for your review of the Days Inn by Wyndham Schenectady. As part of the new management that has recently taken over the hotel, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your feedback and we feel your stay was totally unacceptable for our new standards based on your comments. We are making both major and minor improvements thanks to comments from our guests we will continue until we can be sure we can exceed your expectations. Please give us another try.

Reviewed July 12, 2018

This hotel is ok if you just need an overnight place to stay cheaply. It isn't in a very good neighborhood. The bed was rather hard but clean, as was the room. The staff was super friendly and just great!!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review of the Days Inn by Wyndham Schenectady. We do appreciate all reviews both good and bad. With comments such as yours, our entire staff can feel confident they are accomplishing the goal of making the Days Inn Schenectady as special as we feel it is to our guests. Looking forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

To be fair, we requested a smoking room, but the walls were filthy in a way that was much worse than just cigarette smoke! I have never seen a smoking room like this before! Drips of questionable color and stains all over the walls, carpet, and bathroom ceiling. So bad we almost decided to try to get a refund and stay somewhere else. I've never seen a room with walls so disgusting! The windows wouldn't open at all, one of the lights wasn't working, and there was caution tape roping off the whole front of the hotel.

Also when we checked out they had to have me resign the form I filled out the previous day at check in. Apparently the original form was "lost".

The price was good but not good enough to ignore all the problems!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of the Days Inn by Wyndham Schenectady. We appreciate the time you took to let us know your feedback and it does appear in some areas we have failed to meet your expectations. We sincerely feel we have not lived up to our standards, much less yours. We will work harder to improve and show we can meet and exceed all of your expectations. Hope you give us another opportunity soon

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for almost two weeks for work. Check in by the GM (Mr Norman Murphy) was super easy and I was able to check in early and get comfortable, especially considering the flight I had. The entrance doors are a bit awkward and would likely benefit from some remodeling of the entire entrance way to make it easily accessible. There are 4 steps that go up to the elevator, where the luggage carts also are, which isn’t extremely helpful for people who had more luggage than, for example, me. This obviously did not hinder me as I didn’t carry much luggage.

The room is dated and there aren’t as many easily available outlets as I would have expected. But it was clean, didn’t smell, and had a microwave and mini fridge. I unplugged the microwave to plug in the desk lamp so I had a charging port for my computer on the desk. The desk and table seemed nice and new compared to the rest of the room. The bathroom was tidy, with fresh clean towels and no issues with the bathroom. A few minutes after I came in, Mr Murphy called up to my room to ask if there was anything I needed, which I really appreciated. Response was quick for any issues I had (which wasn’t many). TV worked and had basic channels. The room was made up daily and I had fresh towels. The housekeeping staff is super friendly and I managed to make a few friends. The hotel was quiet on the third floor.

Breakfast was okay. There are some steps to go up to that area as well. There was a variety of food, but all carbohydrate based (bread, danish, cinnamon rolls, waffles, cereal). As someone who had been avoiding carbs, I either ate what they had, had a protein shake, or skipped breakfast entirely. it definitely would have been more tolerable if I had some eggs to eat.

Overall, my stay here was great. Since I was coming to the hotel mainly to sleep and rest up after work, it suited my needs perfectly. It’s close by the downtown restaurants and there’s a Stewart’s Shop right across the street for any necessities. There’s also some strip malls within fair driving distance. There are definitely some improvements that could be made, including more easily available outlets, updated furnishings, and a nice paint job for the rooms, and redoing the entrance way and accomdating a ramp. That was the only reason I took off a star. They might be in the process of renovating the hotel, as I walked by Mr Murphy painting the lobby walls one day.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
Debbie N, Director of Sales at Days Inn by Wyndham Schenectady, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Thank you for your review of our Days Inn Schenectady. We do appreciate all reviews; especially from our satisfied guests. With comments and feedback such as yours, our entire staff can feel satisfied they are accomplishing their part of keeping our guests happy and we will use your important feedback on improvements to become more hospitable in the future.. Looking forward to seeing you again soon