Days Inn Schenectady
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Schenectady
Reviewed July 11, 2009

When I took my daughter to college two years ago, we stayed at the Days Inn and it was a pit. Dirty and filled with low lives. However, when I visited my daughter in June and was forced to stay there (The Holiday Inn across the way was charging $135.00 a night), I was very pleasantly surprised. Days Inn had had a massive renovation, it was much cleaner, the free breakfast was decent, and the staff was pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed July 10, 2009

Yes, Days Inn may be affordable, however it was by far the dirtiest hotel I ever stayed at. Our bed had cigarette burns even though we asked for a non-smoking room. 2 of the 4 lights didn't work. The sink and tub were dirty and the toilet ran all night.

The manager was very friendly and accommodating, however the night staff that checked us in appeared to care more about his phone call with his girlfriend then getting us a room. When we called him he said he had rooms available. When we arrived 5 minutes after the phone call he took thirty minutes to find us a room claiming he wasn't sure he had any left. All the while he was on the phone with his girlfriend seeming more concerned with trying to get her to stay the night with him rather than getting us a room.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2009

The prices are good, they will match sales you find online through sites like Expedia.
The front desk staff is slow but friendly.
Lobby is the only clean area, however not child or handicap accessible or convenient. Lots of stairs.
Our room was smelly, our child kept getting grease on her clothing. Atleast it looked like grease. Did not come out in wash.
My child brought me two roach traps she found while in our room. I just think overall cleanliness was lacking.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2009

I was advised to check the bed for "crispy critters" by an intoxicated greeter in front of the hotel. Thinking she was intoxicated I didn't think much of her comment. It wasn't until 2 hours later as I was getting ready for bed I noticed not 1 but 4 separate bed bugs crawling along the head of the bed and the headboard. Being that I travel for a living I know what to look for and these were definitely the real deal. Needless to say I packed my things, and moved hotels. The hotel was not clean, the lobby floor had not been vacuumed or swept in some time. The elevator felt like it was going to break at any moment due to the creaking noise it made. I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone! You are better off sleeping in your car!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2009

We always stay here when we visit the area. The rooms are large, the beds comfortable, the tv has 78 channels. The breakfast offers pastry,eggs,oatmeal,juice, coffee/tea, toast, bagels,fresh fruit. The staff is friendly and has always helped us with early check-in when needed. The price for a room with 2 double beds is affordable, and since I use this motel as a place to sleep and not as a spa I am very satisfied. There is a very nice Italian restaurant a 2 minute walk away, and a Stewart's (like a 711) across the street. Also a nice park /play area for young children between the Day's Inn and the Italian restaurant. I somehow never use the pool /gym at more expensive hotels, and so I am happy to find a basic friendly , comfortable, reasonably priced place like this Day's Inn.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bookhaven
Reviewed May 30, 2009

Every tiime i visit my family in Scotia, i stay here.

They seem to think Nott Terrace is not too safe, but after 5 plus stays in this location, I have never had a problem.

The staff is always friendly and willing to help. Once i forgot my laundy detergent when I had to wash a load of laundry, and housekeeping gave me theirs and even a free cycle in the washing machine.

little things like that more than make a huge difference to me.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank travels1280
Reviewed May 22, 2009

Very friendly front desk great location ... easy parking

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family