Days Inn Schenectady
$99
$145
The Stockade Inn(Schenectady)
$110
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 12 nights. Here are the pros: It was well-located in Schenectady as it was close to the small downtown area, Union College, Vale Park, and Schenectady Museum and Planetarium. The front desk staff was friendly. The breakfast bar had a good number of options and even asked if I wanted creamy or crunchy peanut butter when they ran out one day and they bought my preference that day (though some whole grain bread would have been nice). My bed was fairly comfortable and I was happy my room had good temperature control. I loved that we had a mini-fridge and microwave as I was staying there for so long and often had leftovers and was able to shop at the grocery store and keep some food. The cons: slowest elevator ever, the front desk person didn't put in my Wyndham Rewards number into my reservation, most of the rooms do not have a well-controlled heating system, part of the hotel smells like cigarettes, the one recommendation we got for eating from the front desk was the worst restaurant we ate at, and the area isn't the safest at night. Overall, this was a serviceable hotel that served my needs.

Room Tip: My room, #214, was the best of the 6 rooms our co-workers had. It had a heater with a thermostat so I could set it at a specific temperature (even #s) whereas my colleagues had heat on or heat off and so it was freezing or roasting.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank rtoblin
navin p, Manager at Days Inn Schenectady, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate all our customers and their comments. We are working hard everyday to make our guests as comfortable as possible. As far as the heaters, they are all being checked and replaced as necessary as part of our on-going rennovation.

Reviewed August 31, 2011

booked hotel online which indicated pets stay free- upon arrival was told there was a pet fee- cleared pet fee with desk clerk (there would be no fee) got to the room and it was not up to the quality we expect from a Days Inn; stains all over couch, chairs, carpet, bedding and a malodorous smell in room I hesitated sitting and sleeping in room- when checking out the following day we were charged a pet fee- o.k. so we accept that- - - - My husband tried to clear pet fee with customer service and indicated the room was not up to standard- to which the CSR replied, "You don't have to be rude about it". asked to see manager was told he would be in on Sunday- waited to contact manager upon returning home to no avail. called customer service which took 3 calls of being on hold for over 10 minutes finally got cust. serv - intook info and was told I would receive call from manager- still waiting.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Kathy A

This hotel is under new management and customer service was an issue that was addressed as soon as the new owner was on board. We are working harder everyday to improve on that aspect of our business. Our customers our most important to us. The furniture, bedding, etc., is being replaced as part of our on-going rennovation project.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

This Days Inn seems to be in need of a renovation. Many of the mechanical featuers, such as the elevator and toilet, sounded as though they were working reluctantly. And in many areas the place did have odd odours and the room itself, while spacious, looked like it was decorated in the 1970s. That being said, it was, overall, an OK stay. Definately nothing flashy or special. No frills - no workout room, pool, etc. Just a place to close your eyes.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

The hotel is in the middle of a complete renovation. All these issues have been addressed. Thanks for the review.

Reviewed July 24, 2011

We stayed here to attend a wedding nearby. The property accepted dogs. The room smelled of dog urine and smoke. I don't think the rug was ever cleaned thoroughly. The breakfast nook staff was having breakfast while we were so there was no one to attend to the guests for a while. If ever in this area again, I will not return to this property.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank albiev

We appreciate the feedback. We now have only 3 rooms that we have designated as 'pet friendly' and all the carpeting in the rooms as well as the hallways is being replaced.

Reviewed May 24, 2011

Old stuff, dirty, ugly and much too expensive for what you get. Staff helpfull though. Pay a bit more and go to the Holiday Inn across the street, way better.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Complete renovation in progress. All older furniture is being replaced.