“Everything was delicious. Thanks, Mari!”

Mari's Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #109 of 296 Restaurants in Schenectady
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mari's Japanese Cuisine moved to different locations through out the years. In 2003 we were moved to what was the former White Cupboard Cafe in Schenectady from the City of Schenectady, and began renovations on our current location. In August of 2003 renovations were finally complete, and Mari's moved to our current location. Wherever and whenever you originally found us - whether on River Road, in Burnt Hills, or here on Schenectady's North side - we're so glad you did. We are the oldest Japanese Restaurant in Schenectady and we serve delicious/authentic Japanese food and Sushi. Experience for yourself, the unique taste of Mari's Japanese Cuisine.
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for Japanese food in the Albany area. I can't wait to return!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We have gone to Maris for nearly 25 years and love it. Best quality sushi And delicious! I highly recommed this place for sushi lovers

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Was recomended here by a chef neighbor. This is a great little Japanese restaurant in Schenectady. The ala carte sushi is super fesh and special rolls above and beyond expectations. My friend was very happy with the dumplings, an order of seaweed salad, and some other kind of roll. Highly recomended!!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is a neighborhood Sushi Bar in the wrong neighborhood. The people are nice enough, but I always feel a distance by the staff and the food is only good, rarely great. Prices are the usual full boat for sushi. No bargains, but completely reliable.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I love Mari's. This restaurant has been serving up wonderful Japanese food for many, many years. It is a family run and operated business. Mari and her husband go out of their ways to make each and every meal perfect. I have had almost everything on the menu....the sushi is top-notch...the teriyakis are tasty....the tempuras are tempting...even the SALAD is delicious, made with homemade soy ginger dressing! (and you can buy a bottle to take home).

The decor is absolutely beautiful. Mari redecorates for each season. The service is always superb....always.

AND...if that wasn't enough....they make the best chocolate mousse I have ever eaten. They got the recipe directly from France.

The prices are very reasonable, especially at lunch, where you can have a bento box.

Don't miss this, my favorite restaurant!