“Very well done, w/ large portions”

Canali's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 297 Restaurants in Schenectady
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

First time back in many many years, but the quality and portions haven't changed a bit! Started out with some really tasty "calamari" with marinara. "Done really well", with tender bits of squid and a light batter just made this simple dish stand out! I am a big a fan of "linguini with red clam sauce" and Canali's didn't dissapoint me. A big enough portion for this large man's appitite required half of it "to go"!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My family goes here all the time,the servers are all outstanding and the foods even better.I usually have a top 5 of things i always get,like the big steak,marsalas,sorrentos,but this time i tried a special it was crab raviolis with shrimp and scallops in a heavenly cream sauce,so yummy.we always start off with are favorite calamari and roasted peppers with cheese.love this place,portions are huge prices are great you cannot go wrong here,highly recommend

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have been coming to Canali's quite regularly for the past several years. The food is delicious, portions are enormous, the waitstaff is friendly and very accommodating; the owner is very friendly & usually stops at your table to see how your dinner is & if you are happy with your selection. Our out of town family loves to go to Canali's when they are in town - it's just like family for us when we are there. Can't say enough good things about this wonderful restaurant.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Well known for their outrageous portion sizes, Canali's boasts as a favorite of most locals. Got in right away on a Thurs with the fam, and they did not disappoint. My Sausage& peppers Marinara was the best ever. I ate about 1/3 of it. We did have fired calamari appetizer, which are highly recommended. Prices are reasonable, considering you are getting 2x what you can consume in 1 sitting. Best Italian ever.
Other folks less than top rating are totally off-base. Typical NYers, I guess; they find fault with everything!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Son got married went there had reservations everyone ordered what they wanted Wasn't worth the time or money service nominal food passible if my wife cooked it I would have thrown in out Go to De Angelos or Ferrarias couldn't spell it right better restaurants in Schenectady I liked them both De anfelos clams zuppi excellent stuffed prime rib out of this world clams shrimp scallops etc on top of a hugh prime rib with the bone in it to die for excellect This is the one place I keep going back to been to almost all of them by accident went to this one years ago keep going back Love it