“OUR FAMILY'S FAVORITE”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Rochester, NY
“OUR FAMILY'S FAVORITE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Mario, Danny and Ben run one of the best restaurants my family has ever enjoyed - and we have enjoyed many restaurants the world over. What makes Marino's so special is not only the excellent pizza but also the high quality traditional Italian entrees including a loose sausage and mushroom pasta dish that you simply mus try. It is hands down our favorite dish. Veal Parm is also terrific is the cavatelli and so much more. Service is friendly and welcoming and everyone is greeted like they are family. You can't beat the value, the flavors or the service. I promise you will ot be disappointed. My in-laws have eaten at Marinos twice a week for years and when we visit them we always end up eating at Marino's at least one night. I have recommended Marino's to friends and family for years and never heard any regrets. Mangia!

• Visited February 2013

Niskayuna, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,145 helpful votes
“Our New Family Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband, daughter and I were in the mood for pizza, but we were very, VERY tired of the flabby take-out pies we’ve been getting and our other local places elicited yawns. A quick Google search for “the best pizza in Schenectady” turned up Marino’s. I read some promising TA reviews and made the executive decision to check this place out. We picked up our daughter’s friend and zipped down Route 5 on a frosty Saturday evening.
I drive by this place every day on my way to school and never see any cars there. No wonder. They open at four and close at midnight. The parking lot was full and my heart sank. We squooshed through the narrow hallway and a smiling young man told us there would be a ten-minute wait for a table. We were seated in less than that, and got quite a pre-prandial workout sidestepping all the folks who had phoned in orders to take out. What a land-office business. The ovens and a bar area are to the left of the entry, and a dining room is to the right.
The dining room was a welcome surprise. There is seating for about 15 parties and we got a cozy booth right over the heating vent. We all had sodas to start (my only nit-pick with Marino’s is that refills of soda are NOT free) and then switched to water. We were given a lovely basket of warm bread and we ordered a large antipasto, garlic rolls, calamari and an 18” eight-cut pepperoni pie.
The salad was enormous, draped with roasted red peppers, provolone cheese, salami, ham, and pepperoni slices over a large crispy bed of iceberg lettuce, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, pepperoncini, chunks of parmesan cheese and black olives. The dressing was wonderful and there was just enough. The waiter thoughtfully asked if we wanted anchovies (hellz to the yeah!) and brought them on the side so as not to squick out my companions. The garlic rolls turned out to be two halves of a torpedo roll, buttered and garlicked beautifully. The youngsters adored the calamari (I’ve had better, but this was good) and the marinara served on the side for the bread and the squid was very good.
The pizza was enormous—the size of a bicycle tire. My daughter and I could only manage one slice; hubs and the friend each put away two.
Our bill for five sodas, the huge salad, calamari, a side of garlic bread and a ginormous pizza came in at just over $40—an astonishing value. The service was friendly and quick, the atmosphere warm and friendly and the food delicious. I’m kicking myself for not having stopped in before. We will certainly be back.

• Visited January 2013
11 Thank Lori12309
Schenectady, New York
“Best Pizza and Salad Anywhere...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Ok, well this may be slightly misleading as I have yet to try anywhere else in Schenectady, but we found this place on a google search and OMG they seriously have the best pizza ever. Their homemade italian dressing for the salad is to die for, I swear I could drink it. I've also had the garlic bread with marinara, fantastic. We can't wait to go back for the italian dishes, which looked oh so good going by our table. We will definitely return. The atmosphere is great too, family-owned restaurant, service wasn't great, but not awful, they were busy. A definite must-try for the pizza and salad alone.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Allyson K
Schenectady, New York, United States
“Best Pizza in Schenectady”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Old Style Pizza and restaurant, make pizza right in front, great people, atmosphere. People watching fun, bring the family

Visited May 2012
Sevierville, Tennessee
“Hands down, best pizza ever, anywhere in the world...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I grew up in Schenectady, eating Marino's pizza every week. I've since travelled the world and had pizza everywhere, and nothing compares... you want a good pie, I don't care WHERE you live, make a trip to Marino's. I now live in TN and I have someone overnight a Marino's pizza to me at least twice a month -- yeah, it's that good. Just cheese; mushroom & sausage -- or try it with no cheese (grated parm) -- OUT OF THIS WORLD. Other great stuff = steak sandwich with onions and cheese, toasted; eggplant parm sandwich, veal parm sandwich.

• Visited July 2012