“Disappointed”

Add it.
Pizza Buono of Niskayuna
Ranked #10 of 11 Dessert in Schenectady
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Established in 2004, Pizza Buono is a woman-owned business with an emphasis on all natural whole foods. The owner is a mother and certified nutritionist, so just about all of the food is made from scratch with the goal to satisfy and nourish your family with delicious food. Our services include: • Pizza ordering • Deli salads and subs on freshly baked rolls • Dine-in or take-out • Traditional Italian dinners with no preservatives or artificial ingredients • Large and small party CATERING
Schenectady, New York
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

After discovering that our family's favorite local pizza restaurant, the Fireside on Eastern Parkway opposite Price Chopper, seems to be closed (their phone is disconnected -sob!!), I checked out other possibilities on TripAdvisor and selected Pizza Buono, just up Union Street from our house. I called on Veteran's Day to order a pizza that we would come for in 30 minutes and stated that we didn't want to take it out to eat. This was a celebration for my 87-year-old father, in honor of his WWII service. His preference was actually for Friendly's, but sadly they have closed all their Schenectady shops. Well, we show up at Pizza Buono at 5:15 pm only to find the store is tiny and there is no inside seating! Why didn't the girl who took our phone order tell me that when I said we would be eating an 8-cut pizza on the premises?? Well, the pizza came out of the kitchen; I paid for it and three cans of soda (total cost just under $20), and the three of us stood at a narrow counter eating our slices, with my purse on top of the cardboard box to weigh it down so it wouldn't tip over on the floor. The pizza was only passable. it had an excellent thin crust, but the toppings (meatballs on one half, sausage and roasted red peppers -cut into small chunks! -on the other) were just so-so. Maybe this is an okay, convenient place for take-out, but I wish someone had informed me this is not a sit-down place!

• Visited November 2011
pizzabuono1, Owner at Pizza Buono of Niskayuna, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Our dining area was under construction for several months but I can happily say, OUR DINING AREA IS NOW OPEN for our customers!!! Very sorry to hear that anyone is ever disappointed with our food or service as we strive to have fresh, nutritious, and delicious food (BTW our sausage is locally made!!!) I would like to extend an invitation to 'travel nut' to come in and sit down to a pizza on the house :) Many thanks to all our customers for your reviews. Keep them coming!!

Niskayuna, NY
“The Best Pizza in Schenectady County”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2010

Pizza Buono is far and away the BEST pizza in Schenectady County. I grew up just outside NYC and his pizza rivals anything I have ever had. It is ALWAYS good. You never get a bad pie. I love the 8 cut cheese pizza and my wife loves their 8 Cut with Eggplant topping. If you ever want to make a splash at a party (birthday, Super Bowl, friends visiting) get the Party Pizza. It is delicious and huge! Everybody will be talking about it. BTW-their hot subs are pretty darn good too.

2 Thank NiskyResident
Niskayuna
“Delicious and Healthy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2009

Pizza Buono is my favorite Pizza Shop. They make excellent pizza and calzones. They bake their dough and sub-rolls fresh everyday. They buy more expensive virgin olive oil instead of the cheap vegetable-oils most pizza shops use that is very unhealthy. They also make excellent take-home meals that are both delicious and made of all natural ingredients. I have started going there every week to eat. I really love the place!

2 Thank CodysGodfather
Niskayuna
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Pizza in County”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2008

In a pizza market full of very good pies, Pizza Buono stands out for its outstanding ingredients and quality. The owner has an off-the-menu, but served everyday, set of pies made with her own home-made, organic pesto. We buy the pesto, take it home, and use it on our own pasta.

The owner also makes her owm organic desserts. If you try their product, you will find yourself going back again and again.

1 Thank FDCIII