“Perreca's”
Review of Perreca's Bakery

Perreca's Bakery
Ranked #2 of 14 Bakeries in Schenectady
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Pizza, Pizza,Pizza!!! If you've had it, you know what I mean! Probably best known for the best Italian bread in town, it is also an Italian deli and huge homemade cupcakes...but the Pizza! It is sold by the slice and I can't imagine how many pieces they go through in a day - but don't expect a hot cheese piece.. this is totally different and oh so good :)

5  Thank UpstateNYKathy

Reviewed March 4, 2014

where in the capitol district do you get fresh squeezed orange juice with breakfast-pizza are great with toppings----didi I say thin and crispy--THIN!!!

5  Thank teacher1101
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Came here for my first time to have breakfast with my boyfriend at 11AM on a Sunday. No one was there to greet us at the door and it was clearly busy. We waited for about 5-10 minutes before someone came up and told us it would be a 10 minute wait. Ten minutes isn't bad, right? So we decided to stay. Then we noticed that people were piling in from the back door as well. There was no rhyme or reason as to how customers were being seated. After 45 MINUTES passed, we finally saw a table open up--but the hostess approached us and told us she was going to give it to a group of 4 (who had come in 15 minutes after we got there). I asked why we wouldn't be seated, since we had been waiting longer. She told us to hold, and then proceeded to sit the other people. Needless to say I was more than frustrated at this point, especially because I had plans at noon and it was now 11:55.

I asked the hostess (?) if I could speak to a manager. She told me that there was no manager on the premises. So, I asked for the manager's number. She went up to the other waitresses and started whispering and pointing at us, and soon enough everyone was giving us dirty looks. She came back without the number but gave me a coupon for the restaurant--which was pretty much useless since by that point I decided I would not come there again. I asked for the number again... she never got it for me.

We were FINALLY seated and already knew what we wanted to order. But that didn't matter, because at this point the wait staff was going out of their way to ignore us. Tables were being seated next to us and we noticed that one table had two waitresses, while we hadn't even one. Eventually a supervisor came out and instead of apologizing to us for our terrible experience thus far, she proceeded to blame us for coming in during a busy time. When I pointed out that we still had not even had a server come to us and people were being seated before us, she just made excuses and said that "everyone knows" that it's busy when church lets out. I asked to speak to the manager and she claimed that she was the manager (which she wasn't). I asked for her supervisor's number (the real manager) and she huffed and stomped away.

We were finally able to put in our orders (egg sandwiches with breakfast potatoes). The egg sandwich was all bread. The potatoes were cold, undercooked and flavorless. Bad food to compliment the bad service I guess.

Before we left (1:30PM!!!! a 2 1/2 hour ordeal for breakfast!!) the supervisor that I had spoken to before came to our table and said that she had spoken to her supervisor and they were going to comp our meal for the inconvenience.

I don't understand why an apology wasn't given in the first place. I've never experienced such poor customer service, especially at the supervisor level. I eventually received a voicemail from the actual manager. She left a very concerned and sweet voicemail---I feel bad that she has such terrible employees working for her. I like to support local businesses but will just not be able to go back there after this experience. There are much better places to go to in Schenectady!

1  Thank MPHGirl23
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Went there last night 12/29/13 the service is good the food is decent. It doesnt deserve 4 stars for there dinner. I judge all Italian restaurants on the basics Chicken Parm, Bread, and sauce. Parm was good, bread wasnt, vodka sauce was good. Overall would go again but not 4star worthy.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Food was very good, the marinara was excellent. Two of us had the fixed price meals which were very good. Included was an appetizer, salad, entree, and desert. My teen aged boy left full and with left overs. The calamari was one of the best we've had. The pizza was also excellent....thin crust if you like that style....ALL toppings are included for one price. For desert we had chocolate torts....to die for. This is a family restaurant....children of all ages are welcome. Friendly staff, definitely family run.

5  Thank Larry R