“Recent Visit”

Gershon's Deli & Caterers
Ranked #9 of 287 Restaurants in Schenectady
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Clifton Park, New York
“Recent Visit”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I hadn't been to Gershon's in years but needed to pick up a quick dinner for my boyfriend and I. I ordered the chicken terriyaki sandwich and the reuben. It was made quickly and for a reasonable price. It was probably the best reuben I've ever had. Tons of meat, nice melted cheese. I'll probably visit more frequently after this experience.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank MPHGirl23

Albany, New York
“Disappointing Visit”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We visited Gershon's yesterday after a performance at Proctor's. This is our usual routine and we look forward to the delicious fare of this establishment. But we were incredibly disappointed by our sandwiches. Specifically, the pastrami was fatty, dry, and hardly there. I left feeling hungry and sad as this is a stop we look forward to whenever we attend a matinee. Others who ordered sandwiches with extra meat found them to be a normal amount. I don't know if it was just that day and that chef, but we were not satisfied when we left.

• Visited January 2014
Schenectady, New York
“Our Favorite Pastrammi Sandwhich”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Gershon's is a luncheon favorite and always crowded at noon indulging local business people.We ofton go to an early lunch to enjoy the soup of the day and almost always get the hot pastrammi which, in my limited exposure to the local delies, is the best i've had.The sandwich on rye or a hard roll is always overflowing,moist and tender and always satisfying.

The waitresses are experienced, pleasant and will ensure your satisfaction.

The counter people are friendly and helpful and will always confirm your satisfaction or offer a refund if warranted.

WE always leave with a smile on our faces for a great lunch.

• Visited October 2013
Schenectady, New York
“Our favorite place for cold cuts.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We usually get turkey, roast beef, and salads and bread to make our own. Their cold cuts are amazing -- the turkey is not like anywhere else and just perfect. Roast beef is rare and seems to have no artificial ingredients. Lean corned beef. Their salads are also first class, especially the tuna and rings. They also make them without onions, so if they bother you, this is the place to go. Nice rye bread, too.

I've only ordered the ingredients, but when they're this good, they should be just as good if you buy a sandwich there. It's old fashioned deli service -- you order at the counter and sit in the back (or outside in the summer).

• Visited September 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Egg Salad Sandwich, Creamy Cole Slaw, Chicken Noodle Soup on Tuesdays...”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We lived in Niskayuna for many years...All Niskayunans LOVE Gershon's. When I go back to visit my family every three months...I LOVE to revisit Gershon's, especially on Tuesdays when the soup of the day is Chicken Noodle. It's WONDERFUL!! This is a wonderful Deli -- my favorite sandwich is Egg Salad on Rye with lettuce and they know how to make that sandwich. The Creamy Cole Slaw has large chunks of veggies in it and is delightful. YUM YUM YUM is all I can say about Gershon's.

Visited July 2013