“Won't go back”

Hampton Inn Schenectady
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Schenectady
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The hotel was ok and the breakfasts made mornings really easy.

I tried the elipticals in the gym and they didn't seem to be calibrated properly so i gave up on the gym.

The really big deal for me is I don't feel safe in the neighborhood - not even parking my car at night time. This made going out for dinner impossible by myself (I ended up getting food I could bring to my room).

I won't go back - not so much because of the hotel, but because i don't feel safe in the neighborhood.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Adraab10, General Manager at Hampton Inn Schenectady, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Hello Butterfly 1808,

I wanted to thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Schenectady and posting some feedback from your visit. I do apologize that we couldn't have you leave with a better impression of our hotel and area.

I would like to reassure you that Schenectady and the area surrounding the hotel are very safe and we rarely experience any issues. From the parking lot on through the neighboring area, the safety of staff and guests are of the utmost importance and we work diligently to offer the best security and comfort.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. I really wish we could have left you with a better impression of the Schenectady area. If you consider us again, please allow our helpful team to offer some insight into the neighborhood and other fine dining and attractions nearby.

Take Care,
GM

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were in Schenectady to attend a play at the Proctor Theater. This hotel was conveniently located right down the street. The hotel staff on duty both for check in and check out (different people) were welcoming and extremely attentive, they would all recieve and A+ for service. The rooms were clean and quiet and the bed was very comfy. We walked away knowing that when we returned to attend another play we would definetely stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Deborah S
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We had booked here, found without difficulty, comfortable twin bedded room. The entrance looked very welcoming and had an attractive layout (even if some of the display books were designed as safes!). Got an excellent recommendation for a meal at the Aperitivo Bistro.

Happy with the choice of breakfast food but disappointed that it was nothing but plastic plates and cutlery

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Elephin
Reviewed October 23, 2012

10/21 sunday night stay, had a great room with a nice large shower... I like the option of having the larger walk in shower opposed to the "tub/shower" design. Check in was great, front desk was fast, efficient and friendly. Nice quiet night, typical breakfast, with good service by the hostess. Front desk manager Leah Milewski does a great job and has the customers comfort and satisfaction as a core value. Its refeshing to deal with professionals. As a multi year Hilton Diamond, I highly recomend this property and will be back myself in a few weeks.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Visiting Union College, adequate for my wife, son and I to stay and have a place to rest our heads. Clean. Would return. Breakfast was included but we only had the coffee. Jay Street is definitely a place to see.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank footprof
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Very nice hotel. New, clean rooms & comfortable. Since we didn't know the area we asked the two girls at the front desk for locations of local bar/grills with in walking distance. The only place they knew of was the burrito place across the street. Which was maybe a step up if even from Chipotle. Really girls??? The next morning after check out we took a right hand turn out of the hotel on Clinton. Right behind the hotel was a bar/grill called Backstage Bar & Grill. How could they not know that was there???? Can you say Clueless???? The good news is the aweson Thai restaurant we found on our own right down the street.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were very impressed by the friendliness, efficiency and helpfulness of the front desk staff both on check in and check out. We also stayed at a Hilton and a Hilton Garden Inn but we were most impressed with the Hampton Inn Schenectady. The rooms are beautifully decorated and ecerything is so clean it seems new.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple