“Nice place to stay in downtown Schenectady.”

Hampton Inn Schenectady
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Schenectady
GreenLeadersGold level
Cheshire, Connecticut
“Nice place to stay in downtown Schenectady.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed here for two nights. Staff is very helpful and
friendly. This Hampton Inn was very clean and when I
asked for a different room it was No Problem. One of the
reasons I prefer this hotel chain.

• Stayed November 2011
5 Thank dleamon65
Adraab10, General Manager at Hampton Inn Schenectady, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Hello dleamon65,

I just wanted to send you a quick thanks for your recent stay and review of the Hampton Inn Schenectady! We always appreciate guest feedback and thank you for taking the time to inform other travelers on your experience at our hotel.

I was so pleased to read you found the staff to be so helpful and friendly. We strive to provide the best customer service to ensure a relaxing and stressless visit. Also, I was glad to see we were able to assist with a room switch so you could enjoy a better stay.

Once again, thank you so much for the kind feedback from your recent stay. We love guest feedback so we can continue to provide the best hotel accommodations for all our visitors. We hope to see you again while in Schenectady.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Rome
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

We spent Thanksgiving weekend here while visiting family. It was the perfect location. You could walk to some fun eating establishments, they gave you a nice breakfast and the rooms were spotless. The staff in the breakfast room was the best I have ever seen....greeted everyone with much genuine enthusiasm. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank peg1015
Hello peg1015,

I wanted to let you know how much I appreciated your review of the Hampton Inn Schenectady and for choosing us during your holiday break while visiting family. We strive to have every guest leave as satisfied with their stay as you did which made your feedback such a pleasure to share with our staff.

I was so glad to read you enjoyed the location of our property. We really do find our hotel to be in a great location in Schenectady that offers a close proximity to key attractions and restaurants but still offers a secure, comfortable feel. Thanks for also mentioning how great the breakfast staff was during your stay. I will make sure to share your review with them.

Once again, thanks for the kind words and recent stay with us. We are so pleased you choose us will in Schenectady and hope to see you again during your next visit.

Chennai, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

I tried out this Hilton property (only one in that area) after staying at other hotels nearby last few times. And it indeed turned out to be the best, in fact way above in other hotels in terms of service and facilities. Although the tariff is on the higher end of the scale but it's value for money. Seems like the property has been recently re-done and it clearly reflects both in the room and the common areas. Located bang on State Street in the heart of Schenectady, it offers nice, clean and quite big rooms, pool, fitness center as well as a business center.Many restuarents, shops, theatres are just few mins walk from the hotel. Would definitely stay there next time.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank ScarfaceSG
Buffalo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

My trip in mid-September was actually the first time I've stayed at this property, however this is my parents #1 choice when they visit. To my knowledge it's the only Hilton brand hotel in the immediate Schenectady area.

The hotel itself was great-- clean, refreshing, great pool and fitness center, hot/cold breakfast buffet and the location is perfect for my needs.

My only complaint would the guest services agent that checked us in as she seemed annoyed when I asked what additional authorization they take for incidentals. It could be an unusual question so I can overlook that. However, I do take exception to her rolling her eyes when my mom asked for 3 keys instead of the 2 she was going to give us.It's not like she asked how many we wanted, or if 2 keys would be okay. I was floored and the first thing my mom said after we walked away from the desk was "Did you see the face she made at me?"

Alas, everyone does have bad days so I'm hoping that was one of hers-- and we will be back next time we visit family.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BeachinBum22
Union City, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Schenectady as part of a wedding block. The hotel seemed to be newly redone. The rooms and common areas - especially the pool and breakfast room were very nice. The free breakfast was very nice. The front desk staff was very nice. I don't plan to come back to that area but if I did I would stay here.
Warning that while you are in a nice hotel, the surrounding area isn't great and there aren't a lot nice places to eat within walking distance. Granted there is free parking and it is easy to get to places by car.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank michellef16
New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn in Schenectady many times, but wanted to try the Hampton Inn. We booked well over a month in advance for a mid-week business meeting, but BEWARE because apparently having a reservation with a confirmation number doesn't mean anything at this hotel. When we arrived, we were told that they were oversold and that we would be staying 3 blocks away at the Holiday Inn for the first night (they did offer to comp the Holiday Inn room for a night, but we travel on business so this isn't worth much to us....convenience and good service are more important). When questioned more about the oversold situation, the desk clerk finally admitted that it wasn't actually that they oversold, but that they had guests who wanted to stay on longer, so they gave our rooms to them. I travel weekly for business all over the country, and I've never encountered anything like this. If they were booked full, they should have moved the guests who wanted to stay longer to the Holiday Inn so they wouldn't be inconveniencing their new guests arriving with confirmed reservations. Then, the desk clerk actually had the nerve to ask if we wanted to move back to the Hampton Inn after the first night at the Holiday Inn. (Yes, that's just what I want to do...in between a full day of meetings and a business dinner, let me pack up my stuff and schlep it back down the street 3 blocks). We opted to stay at the Holiday Inn for the rest of the week and will not bother with the Hampton Inn again. The staff should be ashamed of themselves for such poor business management.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank trufflestravels
Adraab10, General Manager at Hampton Inn Schenectady, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Hello trufflestravels,

I wanted send a quick apology for the recent issues you encountered at the Hampton Inn Schenectady. We don't experience oversold nights often but it does happen on occasion and I apologize for the hassle it can present.

We never would initially displace any guests. Our goal is to see all reservations out from beginning to end and I do regret that we weren't able to do that. I will be discussing best practices with our front desk staff so that we can better handle similar situations in the future if they should arise.

Once again, I sincerely apologize that we weren't able to accommodate you during your last visit to Schenectady. We value all our guests and I hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future.

Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

We enjoyed the hotel. The only place to stay in Schenectady. It is head and shoulders above anything else available. Friendly staff including everyone we encountered. Location still a bit rough, but improving. Breakfast typical Hampton Inn fare. We were there almost a week.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank NaptownBijoux
Hello NaptownBijoux,

I wanted to send a quick thank you for your recent stay and review of the Hampton Inn Schenectady! We love guest feedback and really appreciate that you found your stay with us to be so great. Our goal is to have every guest leave as satisfied with their stay as you did.

Thanks for mentioning how friendly the staff was towards you! I always love hearing that our team represented the hotel well by going above-and-beyond with guests.

Once again, thanks for the positive review. We hope to see you again your next time through Schenectady!