“First Play "ANY THING GOES"”
Review of Proctor's Theater

Proctor's Theater
Ranked #1 of 27 things to do in Schenectady
Albany, New York
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“First Play "ANY THING GOES"”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was my first time to a play. My fiancé and I went to the afternoon show. I would say it was about 90% full.
The cast was excellent. The play was excellent. Our seats where right behind the conductor. So we had excellent seats. No trouble in hearing the play since we both have that problem.

On a whole I would go back to see another play. The only thing is parking. You have street parking or lot parking which the cost vary depending on the lot. We paid $5 for our parking. I do not know how long the meters last. But its better for a lot since the play with intermission was about 3 hours. Plus time waiting to get in.

Visited July 2013

Johnstown, New York
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Always a Pleasure”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have attended MANY, MANY events at Proctor's Theater over the years, and cannot remember ever having been disappointed.

The theater itself was carefully renovated some years ago, and is maintained in the style and decor of grand theaters in the Broadway District of NYC. Seating is very comfortable, the pre-event and intermission refreshments are satisfying, and the volunteer ushers are very pleasant.

Proctor's management is careful to book only top quality performers, with the touring show companies the next best thing to original productions from Broadway at a much reduced cost. Other events are of comparable quality. Proctors also occasionally offers movies on the large screen at a very reasonable price.

Parking for evening events is free at the parking garage across Broadway, a quick walk to the theater.

Performing musicians are encouraged to stop at Van Curler Music Store, right at Proctor's Arcade, where you can browse through stacks and shelves of sheet music, organized by instrument and ensemble. They carry many of the NYSSMA catalog selections, making a pre-theater stop much fun.

Havertown, Pennsylvania
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“BEAUTIFUL THEATER!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This theater had been beautiful maintained/restored. We were only able to come in and look around since there was a graduation going on when we were there, but I would definitely go back when there is a show or movie playing. It is absolutely spectacular. If you like old theaters, this one is a gem.

Albany, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Who needs Broadway?”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great venue! The historic theatre is beautiful. the only complaint I would have is that I wish the seats were a bit more comfortable---but....they bring the most wonderful plays, and I have heard some of the casts are better than what is on Broadway.
There is free parking in the garage across the street (get there early) or paid parking.

Schenectady, New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Historic venue”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We always enjoy shows at Proctors. We went recently for an Eighth Step music performance in the GE Theatre, which hosts shows that might not draw a large enough audience for the larger main theater. The variety of performances means there's sure to be something for everyone at some point.

Visited May 2013