“Just perfect !”
Review of The Stockade Inn

The Stockade Inn
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Schenectady
Reviewed November 3, 2010

Our stay at the Stockade Inn was perfect...From the warm welcome (we arrived after 11 PM), the historic majesty of the building and a flawless wedding experience to a delicious Sunday Brunch, our experience was great ! Everyone at the Stockade Inn was very helpful and knowledgeable and above all, treated us very well. Our room was nicely decorated in a period style, was clean and comfortable...What more could you ask for ?
Even though it was a multi-wedding weekend, we felt as if the one we attended was the only one !

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kalola02

Reviewed October 29, 2010

My wife and I recently had the great pleasure and honor of attending both a wedding ceremony and reception at the beautiful Stockade Inn - and can honestly say that it was one of the most beautiful wedding events we can ever remember attending...

The Inn itself is gorgeous and can best be described as 400 years of history, wrapped in a bow of celebration. In a world filled with pre-fabrication - the old world feel and detail of the Inn is refreshing to say the least...

The Ceremony itself was beautifully decorated - and the food and drink that followed was well worth the wait.... the buffet alone would have satisfied the pallets of all invited guests...but then I would've missed out on one fo the most brilliantly cooked pieces of meat I've ever had the pleasure of eating...

And the staff was fantastic... courteous, attentive and accomodating... especially to my 11 year old who applauded when a personal pizza was delivered to the table fresh from the oven.

And as you might expect from a building steeped in history, the bartender not only
poured you the drinks, but also entertained you with tall tales and a joke or two.

The entertainment and wedding cupcakes accented the event perfectly - maing for a perfect evening...

If you're looking to throw a special event - or need a romantic night out with a loved one... then the Stockade Inn is the palce for you.

Christopher Conto

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chrisconto
Reviewed October 22, 2010

I recently attended a formal event at the Stockade Inn and was very impressed with the entire experience. The Stockade is a beautiful neighborhood located on the Mohawk River in Schenectady that is full of 100-200 year old houses. Being the owner of a 100 year old home I was immediately impressed with the elegant look of the building. There were so much detail to the building that you just don't see in modern structures. You truly felt as though you'd stepped back in time. The event itself was perfect. The entire wait staff was friendly and very atttentive during our visit. The food was delicious from appetizers to dessert. with a selection that could please just about anyone. The room we stayed in fit in perfectly with the rest of the building, the details of old with the comforts of today. I would definitely reccomend to friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank karlrox
Reviewed October 21, 2010

What can I say? When you're planning to get married, as I'm sure any bride and groom knows, you spend A LOT of time searching for the perfect location. In my month+ search I finally came across The Stockade Inn on a random online search. It looked beautiful in the pictures, but... you just never know until you try it out for yourself.
So, my fiance and I decided to try it out by eating dinner there. We were absolutely blown away. Both the service and the food were fantastic! The staff was professional and courteous and seemed genuinely interested in our overall experience. The food... oh boy... the food!! I can't say enough about how good it is. So, we decided to take the plunge and hold our wedding at The Stockade Inn.
To say it was a perfect experience doesn't seem descriptive enough. Although mine was not the only wedding there that weekend, I never felt ignored or slighted in any way. All of my requests were taken care of without any intervention from me. I only had to have one meeting with Jeff just before the big day, and he and his staff pulled it off beautifully. The wedding was lovely, and the reception was great. Hot AND cold hors d'oeuvres and great entree choices. Everything was presented and cooked perfectly. The room was beautiful and the timing on everything was right on. We even stayed in one of the suites... it was quiet, comfortable, romantic and had everything we could possibly want.
Overall, I would say, whether you're looking for a nice place to have dinner or a place to sleep in a beautiful historic district... or, even if you're looking for a place to host the most important day of your life. Look no further than The Stockade Inn. The staff made us feel like part of their family. And, they can look forward to having us over for dinner for years to come.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank CrowsFeat
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I was recently at the Stockade Inn for my sister's wedding.

We both reserved Suites months ago knowing that the groomsmen would have one room and the bridesmaids would have the other.

My suite was the one to have the bride and all of her guests.

When I checked in there was water pouring from both ends of the air conditioner.

I promptly told the management about the problem and they did have someone in to take care of it.

The person they brought in proceeded to flirt with me asking me what I was in "town for" and if I was "married" making it impossible for me to be in my room.

I went back several times and the same man was there.

When I came back from the rehearsal dinner thankfully he was gone but the carpet was soaked through 1/3 of the room and nothing had been done about it.

The next morning I again informed the management there was a problem - this was to be the bride's room and the carpet was soaked.

I left for brunch and when I came back there was an old fan I can only guess was dug out of a basement blowing aimlessly onto the air conditioner.

I ended up asking the housekeeping staff for additional towels to put on the floor to soak up some of the water.

When I checked out I said "I assume there will be a discount for the room" - as is normal for this type of nonsense - I was told someone would call me.

I've called the Inn twice and I'm still waiting for a response.

It's not about money - principle.

Perhaps the McDonald family should get one property right before they expand more.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2010

My son and I stayed here while visiting a local college. Christine was exceptionally cordial in arranging our stay, and my son and I both agreed that the food and service in the dining room was world class. The historic neighborhood and park are quaint and the locals seemed quite friendly. I would recommend this historic inn to anyone needing a place to stay and dine when in the Schenectady/Albany area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Swampfx
Reviewed October 26, 2009

We stayed here one night on our way to New Hampshire. We've stayed here previously while heading east to the New England states in Autumn. Coming from Western NY, it's a good half way point to just rest for the night and get up early to have more time to drive the scenic route through Vermont and NH. The Stockade isn't fancy but the food is good and the rooms are comfortable. We always get a warm welcome and they serve a continental breakfast in the a.m. Juice, coffee, cereal, fruit, etc. The neighborhood is safe, with gorgeous old homes and a big, beautiful church across the street.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple