“impressive rooms and lobby”
Review of The Stockade Inn

The Stockade Inn
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Schenectady
Greenbelt, Maryland
“impressive rooms and lobby”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Great experience! The staff were helpful and friendly. We enjoyed exceptional dinner specials! Unadvertised continental breakfast was included in the room price. They allowed us to park our car here while we cycled the Erie Canal.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Latham, New York
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

The food and service are the best! Great value! During the week they have 5 entrees for 15 each as an added value. The atmosphere in the old style bar is wonderful and the cocktails were perfectly made by their extremely friendly older gentleman bartender.

• Stayed September 2012
Cazenovia, New York
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We had just spent8 days riding the Erie Canal, and this was such a pleasant way to end our trip. The room was comfortable and it was in a nice location. They locked our bikes in a conference room so that we knew they were safe. It was within walking distance of a pub Katie O'Byrnes, which had good beer and good food.

Room Tip: I would think all the room are very nice
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding. Even though it wasn't listed on the wedding website, it was VERY convenient to the wedding location and was cheaper than the other options. We tried to make it to the Thursday night Jazz session but were too late. Even though we missed it, we ordered drinks and enjoyed the lounge area. It was very cozy and comfortable! The bed was very comfortable and the space very unique with a lot of authenticity. My only regret was that I didn't get to spend more time there!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Lowell, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was staying only one night and was suprised by how beautiful the hotel was. I was also thrilled to be dining in a 4 start restaurant in the hotel. My accomodations were clean and comfortable and my dinner was excellent. If I ever return to the area I will definintely stay at the Stockade Inn again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I had to spend a night in Schenectady this week and found a hidden gem. Very old & quaint, yet elegant at the same time. After comparing other hotels in the area which were not tremendously economically adventageous, I'm glad I spent the little bit extra to be in a nice, safe place. My single room, with a very comfortable large bed, was quite nicely decorated and clean. And what a joy to have plenty of hot water for my shower !!.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Albany, New York, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I were married at the Stockade Inn in January 2012. We loved every minute of our wedding experience, and still hear positive comments from our guests about the food and overall experience. We stayed in the beautiful suite and loved the accomodations. There is so much historic charm and a warm, welcoming feeling. The beauty of the hotel was a wonderful backdrop to all of our wedding photos. In addition to our wedding, we've also dined at the Inn and chose it for Easter brunch. The food is delicious and the service is top notch. I highly recommend the Stockade Inn for your wedding or event, a romantic getaway/date night, or even just for a drink.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple