“Local Favorite, Nothing Fancy”

Morrette's King Steak House
Ranked #163 of 295 Restaurants in Schenectady
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband took me to this place for dinner along with my daughter.

They have a few selections on their menu besides the steak sandwiches, which they are famous for. The food are freshly made, simple, tasty & the portions are big. I had their sample plate & was very satisfied with my order. It has 2 meatballs, 2 flat sausages, shaved steaks, cooked onions (which I ordered extra), topped with their sauce & rolls on the side. I also ordered soda which has free refill. The service is excellent & the staff are friendly.

I am guessing that the room decorations & furniture are the original. The place is clean & simple, nothing fancy.

If you want something local, then this is for you.

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Nice quiet place portions are big and priced right. If u leave hungry it wouldn't be their fault. If you're a light eater share with someone or you'll be walking out with to go boxes.

2  Thank Diamond3650
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I've been eating Morrette's steak sandwiches since 1950, from when I was going to college in Schnectady. As alll of my five children grew up they were each introduced to the King Steak. I remember Mr. Morrette sitting ehind the bar, and Pat working at the grill. I live in North Carolina now, and my children have arranged to ship the steak, sauce and rolls to me.
I have just taken my youngest child to college in Rochester, and am planning my stop on Eire Blvd, Schnectady.

1  Thank jjwoolf
Reviewed February 26, 2012

If you like a good old fashion Milk Shake and of course there steak sandwiches are the best!

1  Thank David B
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I had heard about Morrette's steak sandwich being very good, so I went to check it out. I was very disappointed in the sandwich, as it was practically tasteless.

1  Thank Logan C