“Cornell's Restaurant”

Cornells in Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
Cornells in Little Italy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 293 Restaurants in Schenectady
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union Street
Description: "Timeless Classic Italian Food" interspersed with "New World" Italian Regional Cuisine. Analogy~Sophia Loren & Frank Sinatra meet Lidia Bastanich & Mario Batali. Since 1943,generations of loyal patrons, friends and their families have enjoyed the traditional dishes of Cornells Restaurant. The robust aroma of food cooking on the stove would draw them in to sit down and enjoy old world Italian food. Today this tradition continues. Modeled after the simple restaurants in Italy,this neighborhood establishment is warm, inviting, comfortable and unpretentious.
Scotia, New York
“Cornell's Restaurant”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I just took my friend out for a birthday dinner at Cornell's and it was by far the best meal I have had in a while. First I ordered a drink and it was very strong and much larger than what I get elsewhere. I believe they serve Perecas bread (which is the very best in Schenectady). We had an appetizer and both order steak peziolla (not sure of the spelling). I ordered medium rare and it was cooked to perfection and the sauce was delicious. We were both more than satisfied with our meals. The waitress gave us her suggestions and couldn't have been nicer. I always order chicken livers when I go to Cornell's because they are served different than other restaurants and are DELICIOUS. I know this is under new ownership, so give it a try. This meal was definitely 5 star.

• Visited October 2012

“Best Italian in schenectady!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Just went to Cornell's in Schenectady's little Italy and had an amazing experience! Cornell's and ferrari's have the best Italian in Schenectady. However Cornell's has gotten the edge. The homemade cavatelli is unbelievable!

1 Thank Edlea
Schenectady, New York
“Another Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Cornell's has been around a long time and offers decent meals in a more formal setting than found in a diner - which it is not. There is a bar incorporated into the one seating area. They have a small conference / banquet room (seats about 50). I have never had a bad meal there.

Visited July 2012
Niskayuna, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fine Italian Dining”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

SO so good. The servers were very attentive. I ordered a fantastic calamari pasta dish, and had enough for two more meals. I tried my dad's veal saltimbocca, which was perfectly tender and very flavorful. I had a glass of Chianti, served at room temperature, as it should be. It was my mom's birthday and the staff graciously served her a complementary slice of perfectly moist cake. Whether you are looking for seafood or meat, or even if you're vegetarian, the staff was really accommodating. My mom is gluten intolerant and they ere able to serve her any dish with gluten free pasta.

Visited June 2012
Niskayuna, New York
“Thursday Night Out!”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This Restautant has been around for many years. It's located in "Little Itaty". We had not been back for quite a while.Although we heard it was under new management we were hoping nothing had changed. Nothing has changed people! We were greatly warmly, our server Liz was right on top of everything we needed. The new part was a four course menu for $20.00. My husband tried that and loved everything he chose! Portions are still large enough for take home, quality is still excellent.

• Visited July 2012