“Great meals at great prices”

Blue Ribbon Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #2 of 11 Dessert in Schenectady
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Vast menu, offering the best in traditional American fare, Italian, and Mediterranean dishes. Also well known for our Broiled Seafood selections, Hand-Breaded Fish w/ Macaroni and Cheese, Hand Breaded Fried Clam Strips, and signature Greek Dishes. A variety of specials are also made by our Chef daily. All soups, sauces, gravies, are made on premises daily. Full bakery also on premises featuring cakes, pies, flavored cheesecakes and other pastries. Winner of several first place awards for our Cheesecake, hence the name "Blue Ribbon"! Newly renovated state of the art kitchen. Recently remodeled exterior, including spacious lobby with automatic doorways for easy handicap accessibility. Ample parking. Four entryways provide easy access to premises. Total restaurant capacity 220. We can accomodate large parties. Reserveration not required but recommended for parties of 6 or more. Fast and friendly service is our forte, please come and see for yourself!
Albany, New York
“Great meals at great prices”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I've been to the blue ribbon a few times and I have never been let down. The food is tasty- the chicken parm is fantastic, and I always get cheesecake. Very reasonable, and nice atmosphere.

Schenectady, New York
“A long tradition of excellence”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

A Schenectady native, I've been going to Blue Ribbon for dozens of years, and their tradition of excellence has never changed. I still go there several times a week, and feel like family.

Some of the highlights are their great variety of food, and prompt, friendly service, and the offering of both soup and salad with meals.

The young, third generation managers are particularly efficient and gracious.

• Visited February 2013
Schenectady, New York, United States
“Excellent dessert, they don't understand "vegetarian"”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Their dessert is some of the best I've had- I mean I LOVE their cheesecake, carrot cake, you name it. For that, they get five stars. Unfortunately, I also ordered lunch there and for that they get zero stars, so I met in the middle at 3. I asked what kinds of soup they had, after specifing that I was looking for something vegetarian. They said they have pea soup. I said asked them if it had meat in it, because from what I knew split pea soup had bacon or ham in it, but she said no, it was vegetarian. I even asked about the broth, and she said it used vegetable broth. Well, the soup arrived with the meat in it and I pointed that out to her; she responded with yes pork but no meat. I understand this was a mistake, but whenever servers do not understand food requests and don't ask for clarification or do not know the ingredients in the menu items, it makes me very nervous for people with food restrictions, whether due to personal, religious, or medical reasons.

Visited January 2013
Phil M, General Manager at Blue Ribbon Restaurant & Bakery, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your business and support. Our staff is trained to understand the ingredients for each item in our menu. Unfortunately this server for some reason or other was mistaken and we sincerely apologize for that. We will take the proper steps to correct this as soon as possible. We will also discuss with our chef how we can make our items on our menu more vegetarian friendly.
Potsdam, New York
“Everyone in the area loves this place!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Breakfast at the Blue Ribbon has turned into a tradition for us when we visit my son and his family in Niskayuna. My grandsons absolutely love this place, and the staff really cater to young kids. It is always crowded with families on the weekend. Breakfast portions are generous, and they will scale down youngsters' portions to anything you request. The pancakes are delicious, and the link sausages are what was the standard decades ago when no one was watching their cholesterol! They serve the boys' milk in a paper cup with a cover like you would get a take out coffee in. They can sip from it or stick a straw in it. They think it is pretty cool! Also it prevents them from spilling it. Just one of the special touches that make this place really family friendly. I am sure that dinner is great as well. Some of the placemats have their customers' favorite dishes on them. Service is quick, efficient and friendly.

• Visited January 2013
Victor, New York
“Always a good meal”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We live in Rochester, NY, and travel to Schenectady to visit our son. We discovered the Blue Ribbon on our first trip. Over the past two years, we've stopped for breakfast, lunch and dinner there, on weekdays, weekends and holidays. We always get a great meal! We've tried almost everything on the menu and it's all delicious. You get a lot of food and great service at a very reasonable price.

• Visited January 2013