“Friendly and excellent ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Union Cafe

Union Cafe
Ranked #22 of 283 Restaurants in Schenectady
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This cafe opened in 2012
Manlius, New York
“Friendly and excellent ”
Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

Nice lunch on the porch. Excellent souvlaki platter and Mediterranean wrap. Service was the nicest - wait staff and host very inviting and friendly, even the clearly very busy chef gave me a big smile and greeting when I walked by on my way from the rest room. Good customer service is so refreshing!

Watertown
“Genuinely "Nice" Staff and Genuinely Great Food!”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

The word "nice" can be construed as being trite, but every server we encountered at the Union Cafe was someone any restaurant would love to have on board and all appeared to be very "nice"! The same can be said for all the diners in our proximity --- nice people! We were delighted to meet our server, Julia, who had been employed for one day. She was competent and congenial. Our omelets and eggplant fries were delicious. The music was upbeat but not loud or distracting from conversation. Our only regret is that we live 3+ hours away. But rest assured that whenever we are in the area the Union Cafe will be a prime destination!

• Visited August 2014
Clifton Park, New York
“My favorite breakfast spot around”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I get the same thing every time I come here: Sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich.. it's the best. Sometimes I will get an order of their eggplant fries, which are also amazing (and it comes with tzaziki for dipping).

I think the best part of this place is the owner, Hector. I have never come here without him coming to my table and shaking my hand and the hand of whoever is with me. He is the friendliest guy who makes every customer feel welcome. You can tell he takes a lot of pride in what he does.

The staff is also very friendly and they have a great patio for outdoor eating. 1000x better than Perrecas.

• Visited July 2014
Niskayuna, New York
“Excellent gyro and eggplant fries”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We've eaten at Union St. Café several times. Their front porch is great on a sunny day and we took advantage of it. I love how the owner/host greets you and makes you feel genuinely welcome. Several folks came in just before closing (2:00 pm) and they were greeted with the same hospitable manner as we were.
The food hit the spot. My lamb and beef gyro was fresh, moist, the wrapper was perfect...oh wow. Perfect. My husband loved his Greek salad and I picked at it too. Everything in it was super fresh and carefully prepared.
But the hit was my eggplant fries. I've never had these before..so addictive we polished them off before we touched our entrees. Light, crispy, batter dipped and not at all greasy. So good.
Even the iced tea was bold and good. Service was just what we needed. It's all clean and cheerful. I love it and am glad to see it busy.

• Visited June 2014
Ballston Lake, New York
“Another fine visit!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went to the Union Cafe, second or third time. Had a very good lunch, soup excellent and the food great. Warmly greeted and served. The cost for lunch a little high, but the food is above and beyond.

• Visited April 2014