“Great first impression”

Ranked #23 of 296 Restaurants in Schenectady
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: This cafe opened in 2012
Reviewed June 9, 2012

NOTE: THE CORRECT ADDRESS IS 1725 UNION STREET (NOT 1619 UNION STREET)
The Union Cafe had been open for nine weeks when we made our first visit. We stopped in on Saturday morning for a late breakfast. The Cafe is bright, clean and tastefully decorated. The owner and staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful. Best of all, the food was very good and of excellent quality, with substantial portions. I ordered my usual "test breakfast" of fried eggs, sausage, toast, home fries, orange juice and herbal tea. Our order was taken promptly and delivered quickly, despite the restaurant being nearly full of customers. My eggs were done perfectly and the sausage reminds me of the wonderful breakfast sausage from North Carolina that I can never find in upstate New York. The orange juice tasted as if it were fresh squeezed. Similarly, my husband's french toast - three thick slices - was done to perfection, as was his side of bacon. Because of overcast weather, we chose to eat inside, rather than on the large patio on upper Union Street. The Cafe has a large parking lot, accessible by a driveway on the east (right) side of the building, located behind the Cafe. This is a great bonus for any business in the area. We are looking forward to returning to try some of the other items on the menu.

1  Thank Christine P