“Dissapointed”

Mallozzi's Belvedere Inn
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Schenectady
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Really dissapointed in the Belvedere hotel. This hotel is owned by a family well known for its excellent food and service and this hotel does not match up with what it should be. Came into town for a family event and stayed 5 days at the hotel. My husband and I and my 1 month old daughter did not need room service on the 2nd day we were there but we did on the 3rd. I was changing my daughter in the bed and she had an accident in the bed. I cleaned it up the best I could but knew we needed new sheets. We put the sign on the door for room service and left the room at 11:15 am. When we returned at 10pm there was NOTHING cleaned! No beds made, no trash taken out, no fresh towels. The sign was still on the door. I went to the front desk and was told that housekeeping leaves at 11am. WHAT? I have never stayed in a hotel in my life where housekeeping leaves at 11am! He went to our room and at least took the garbabe out. The 4th morning we left the room at the same time and we were hopeful that the room would be cleaned. We returned to find fresh towels but no clean sheets!!! The stain from my daughter was still in the bed!! As if this is not enough the beds were the worst beds I have ever slept in and I have traveled my entire life. My husband and I had to sleep in separate beds because each of them were so uncomforatable. The room is ok with tube tv's and mediocre decore. This hotel was a dissapointment and could be so much better.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jen A

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Room and overall hotel was clean and the staff was helpful and friendly BUT the mattresses were the worst I've ever experienced. My back is so sore. I hope that if and when they update, they spend a bit more money on the mattress. The staff was nice enough to let me try other rooms but all of the mattresses were the same. This is such a nice and convenient hotel (we went to a wedding in the beautiful banquet facility on the property) that I hope they invest more in the comfort. It really is an important feature.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I’ve only been to Schenectady once, on an overnight business trip, and my partner selected the Belvedere. It was surprisingly good. I imagine not all rooms are the same size, and as well equipped, because my room was pretty big, and had a jacuzzi. Most unexpected.

It was also clean and quiet, so it met my main two conditions for an overnight stay.

The staff were friendly and helpful. I didn’t look to see what else was in the area, this was a one time visit, but as hotels go, you should be fine here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeff P
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This hotel was found on accident when we were in upstate NY visiting family. We would highly recommend this Hotel to everyone. it was clean and staff was great!!!! It had a decent breakfast included and the management and faciluty was beyond outstanding. A++++++.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank robert f
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Staff were friendly, helpful and professional. Facilities were clean (overall). Shower curtain in bathtub had black mold at the bottom. Served the purpose- clean, comfortable place to spend a night. The continental breakfast in the morning was decent, generic and edible.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stumbled on this hotel after leaving Cooperstown. It was only $99 for a spacious room, clean & quiet. There's a great sports bar right across the street. Decent Continental breakfast was included. We were VERY pleased with this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NancyK1958
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We stayed two nights at this facility. The room was nice and clean. Very comfortable bed. The hotel was quiet. The staff was extremely accomedating. We stayed there for a wedding reception at Mallozzi. I didn't think the price was all that bad. the hotel is a bit dated, but it is not a destination spot asnd it is more than adaguate.

Room Tip: If the suites are open choose the suite. It is a really nice room wqith a jaccuzi and a corner showe...