“A bit of a disappointment”
Review of Cafe NOLA - CLOSED

Cafe NOLA
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Cafe Nola to celebrate my birthday; we were really looking forward to a great meal because we love New Orleans. I had the regular chicken wings and jambalaya; they were so salty, they were almost inedible. The crawfish gumbo was good, but not great, and the draft IPA was terrific. My husband said his crab cake and catfish were very mediocre and under-seasoned. The service was very friendly. but very slow. We won't be back.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I don't go just for the awesome food, but the staff and atmosphere makes it feel just like being with friends and family. The Browns aim to please and I eat here frequently, never a bad meal. This is my go to restaurant.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Love this restaurant. Always looking to bring friends with me for their first visit. The Browns have yet to disappoint. Love the atmosphere and the people. The food is incredibly authentic and reminds me of those visits to the Quarter. Favorite restaurant by far!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

The food is excellent: crawfish nachos, jambalaya, alligator bites, blackened catfish and much much more. There are always daily specials and the Chef who is also the owner aims to please the most discerning of palates. Chef Brown will also tone down the spiciness for those who love the taste of cajun, but can't always handle the spice. Above and beyond the wonderful food the entire staff makes you feel at home and welcome. It has been a pleasure to get to know the staff and my wife and I consider them our friends. We go a couple of times a month and when we want to celebrate a special occassion we go there as well. It is by far my favorite resturant in the region, my family from out of state loved Cafe Nola when we had our reherasal dinner before our wedding last year. I don't understand the negative reviews and if you are looking for great food and great service go no further than Cafe Nola.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

love this place. I am frequent traveler to New Orleans and I feel closer to it each time I come here. Kevin and crew aim to please. Kevin greets you like you were friends forever. The food is amazing, Gumbo, oysters, alligator, crawfish and of course the beignets. What more can you ask for...... Music, Whether cajun zydeco or rock, there's always a party. It's Mardi Gras every day when visiting. Thanks Kevin for making me not so homesick for Nola.